IGNORED

12/14/18 - Special Chukar Stocking To Close Out Pheasant Season

No different than quail...  they had a problem they tried to fix..  I swear some people will never get it..  next time they will just not stock  than how will those that complain react..  archer this is not directed at you.. I quoted you too say not different from quail

Respectfully V, they should stock pheasant, not chuckers period. No excuse not to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

1 hour ago, Mixbaghunter said:

They should be stocking pheasant at all anybody that has been hunting  knows they have not been stocking  the right amount  they said. Just another chance for the state to f us.

Respectfully I've been out a total of 4 times once was a non stock day and I have 7 birds...  yes I had to work for them but what fun is it to be done in 5 minutes .

Vdep217 I have been out every stocking day and I may have 10 birds .I hunt black river  on the Dover Chester  rd side I hunt for a couple hour every time I go with and out my dog. My complaint is I am buy the same amount as a have for year and they are not stocking bird .I have hunted there for 20 years. I am not the anyone saying this. Yesterday  there where 6 shot in the first 5 minutes no other shots I was there till 10.

I am not happy with fish and game.  Prices go up  for stamps and quality of hunt goes down.  If they have some kind of survey I'm going to be honest with how I feel.  I would bring my dog home and pick hundred of thorns out of her.  Both parts of Pequest and Black River are a mess

13 minutes ago, Mixbaghunter said:

Ryan first light. Yes fox and coyote  owls hawks  all play a role . That why they need to come up with something  different  maybe  stock am instead  of PM  change start time .

Birds of prey figure out real quick how to get those birds. Ain't going to stop them. 

During this years youth pheasant hunt , twice we watched pheasant that were missed by the youths get snatched by birds of prey. One a red tail hawk grabbed one in mid flight, another was snagged by a Cooper when it landed in a tree. Lol. 

Birds of prey figure out real quick how to get those birds. Ain't going to stop them. 

During this years youth pheasant hunt , twice we watched pheasant that were missed by the youths get snatched by birds of prey. One a red tail hawk grabbed one in mid flight, another was snagged by a Cooper when it landed in a tree. Lol. 

In previous years hunting Clinton WMA, I routinely saw ripped up birds afield, by the murder scene LOL you could tell wether it was hawk, owl etc. This year I haven’t come across any. I truly do not believe they stocked anywhere near what they had claimed. I hunt hard, spend a lot of time in the thick wet stuff. My dog excels at pheasant and they have been far and few between most days. I don’t mind spending time and hunting hard but at the same time when you do and don’t flush as many birds nor find carcasses from predators it’s hard to believe they are actually putting out the claimed numbers. If they wanted to find birds for the 29th they could, they chose not to because this is certainly a test. If they cant find a couple thousand between now and the 29th how do they expect to find 40k for next year.

AWM

Go

28 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

In previous years hunting Clinton WMA, I routinely saw ripped up birds afield, by the murder scene LOL you could tell wether it was hawk, owl etc. This year I haven’t come across any. I truly do not believe they stocked anywhere near what they had claimed. I hunt hard, spend a lot of time in the thick wet stuff. My dog excels at pheasant and they have been far and few between most days. I don’t mind spending time and hunting hard but at the same time when you do and don’t flush as many birds nor find carcasses from predators it’s hard to believe they are actually putting out the claimed numbers. If they wanted to find birds for the 29th they could, they chose not to because this is certainly a test. If they cant find a couple thousand between now and the 29th how do they expect to find 40k for next year.

That's my point as well