IGNORED

Veterans Day Buck Down!!!

Screaminta

1 hour ago, Screaminta said:

I promised myself that I will absolutely be hunting today no matter what. I was supposed to have last week off of work, but because of issues that arose, that was pushed out to who knows when. Last night I was at a family wedding 1.5 hrs away from home and didn’t get home until ~ 1am. After getting ~3?hrs of sleep last night I woke up at 4am with that nice burning sensation in my eyes (overtired). Per my normal routine I took a shower only to realize that I used regular scented soap/conditioner so back into the shower to wash with scent free. Drove the hr to the farm I hunt and it was already a little later than I had hoped. Got dressed and quickly walked the ~400 yds to my stand.

Got set up and started to cool off and realized I left my phone in my truck :banghead:. Not that I care about having my phone, but should the wife text and get no answer then she would worry. Also, good to have in case of emergency. So, back down I go to get my phone now walking even quicker. Back into my stand at about 6:25am only to find that my grunt call had come apart some where in the commotion. 

Fast forward a whopping 10 minutes and I hear a grunt in the distance in some nasty thick stuff that I am set up on the edge of. I give a grunt back using my mouth and sure as heck he appears in a few minutes and gives me a 12 yd shot.... the rest is history. Never saw him on camera and don’t bait this spot at all. He had a bunch of fresh bark on his antlers from rubbing in the thick stuff. 

P.S. I also found the piece to my grunt call on my way back to the truck!

75D3F996-35FF-4110-B8FB-26B18F8E733F.jpeg

87EF3449-9EB1-4EF8-B142-8B5EE72B0999.jpeg

Now I have to ask, how did you get his head to stay up like this for the picture? magic?