IGNORED

What's Your Favorite Pizza Here In NJ?

BHC

Was missing some of my old buds so decided to swing by to say hello.  Just in time to weigh in on a subject of which I consider myself to be an experienced pro lol.
1. Umberto's - Ischia Porto, Italy
2. Manville Pizza - Manville
3. Denino's - Staten Island
4. Cryans (formerly Millers) - Annandale
5. Santillo's - Elizabeth
6. DeLucia's - Raritan
7. John's Pizza - Manhattan 
8.  Reservoir Tavern - Boonton
9. Brooklyn Boys - Iselin
10. Star Tavern - West Orange

Whats up Tom? Glad to see ya stop bye. You going to come duel 28’s with me over my bird dog this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

7 hours ago, kanigie said:

Really?! I live a couple miles up stream and never tried! Thanks!

I knew it, now it's gonna get packed ! I love their Calamari salad and some of their veal dishes are to die for. I forgot, BYOB is the best part, great Italian food and bring your own. 

I knew it, now it's gonna get packed ! I love their Calamari salad and some of their veal dishes are to die for. I forgot, BYOB is the best part, great Italian food and bring your own. 

BYOB is music to my ears. Sold.

9 hours ago, maximus66 said:

Whats up Tom? Glad to see ya stop bye. You going to come duel 28’s with me over my bird dog this year?

What is up my brother 😜👍

would absolutely love love to hook up and burn through some sub gauge!  How've you been?

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 7:41 PM, Jerzguy2 said:

I was the kiss of death. They haven't reopened since taking a week for vacation, it's been a month.

Any idea what happened?

2 hours ago, kanigie said:

I was the kiss of death. They haven't reopened since taking a week for vacation, it's been a month.

Any idea what happened?

I stop in once a week to see if there is a notice and was hoping to ask a waitress at Washington Diner that worked there, but didn't see her. I'm sick, best reasonable Italian food around.

On 8/11/2018 at 9:25 AM, BHC said:

Want to speak about armpit of NJ.....just drive thru Phillipsburg,  white trailer park trash type....poverty, drugs, zero class, zero manners, zero self respect,  zero respect for others 

To be fair, I like Nicolosi's pizza but Phillipsburg is definitely a town that has seen better days.  I get them to put loads of fresh cut garlic on the pie and it goes down my neck easily.  It also has the advantage of being close < 20 mins away.

Anyone who thinks that white people are the master race needs to take a visit to the Walmart there though.

It also has some salt of the earth people there too - such a shame that the politicians have neglected it for so long.

I will try Lodi pizza just to see what the fuss is about if ever I am up there.

Does anyone know what happened to Ernie and Dom's on 31?

Hands down the pie I have had in NJ is at Manville pizza.  Too many pizza joints are holes in the wall with the emphasis on 'hole' - they are grubby.  Manville pizza by contrast is clean - right there you can see that it is run by a family with pride in what they do.  It goes uphill from there because the pie is fantastic as well.

I have tried DeLucia's and it was not spectacular- didn't go back.

I like thin crust Napoli style pizza and the crust needs to be cooked tapping the underside needs to make an audible sound - far too many places neglect that simple detail.

Edited by madeinuk