IGNORED

What's Your Favorite Pizza Here In NJ?

BHC

37 minutes ago, _X7 said:

The best pizza shop resides in Warren County. Nicolosi's has been there since the mall was built in the 60's and is still the best thin crust cheese pizza there is. It is in the Hillcrest Professional Mall on 22 West in Phillipsburg. Another is the Alpha Sub Shop on 519 in Alpha. Another that I hear about but have yet to try is Caio in Broadway.

There are so many pizza shops here in this area that trying them all is a challenge in itself. Antonio's in Easton, Apollo in Easton used to be really good if you are ever in the area for any of the other BS Easton has to offer.

_wsb_246x415_Nicolosi.jpg

I'm sorry to disagree with you....When I moved out here my real estate agent as well as folks around my house told us how great they are....OK, it's worth trying, well we went, we ate it, we never went back.....it's crap, no taste, same for Enzo's near the M&M's factory.....Francesco's is the best in the area, but compared to what I grew up on and know even his pizza is average at best.

In Hoboken my cousin's place is very good, Delfino's...... even he agrees Lodi Pizza is just damn great !!!

3 hours ago, Farmshine said:

Log Cabin in Columbia has very good pizza. I also like Nicolosis in Peeburg. If you live in Warren County and cross the crik Easton has some very good options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The log cabin makes an OK pie.  Flavorful but always a hair under cooked and way too greasy

48 minutes ago, _X7 said:

The best pizza shop resides in Warren County. Nicolosi's has been there since the mall was built in the 60's and is still the best thin crust cheese pizza there is. It is in the Hillcrest Professional Mall on 22 West in Phillipsburg. Another is the Alpha Sub Shop on 519 in Alpha. Another that I hear about but have yet to try is Caio in Broadway.

There are so many pizza shops here in this area that trying them all is a challenge in itself. Antonio's in Easton, Apollo in Easton used to be really good if you are ever in the area for any of the other BS Easton has to offer.

_wsb_246x415_Nicolosi.jpg

Nicolosis is decent.  Nothing special though

Enzos is dog food. Actually, I wouldn't even feed it to my dog.  He'd probably get sick

I forgot to mention DeLucia's in Raritan.  Has anyone been there recently?  They used to make one of the best pizzas in the state.  Hands down

Edited by not on the rug

13 hours ago, LPJR said:

If Star Tavern in Orange mentioned above a couple of times is the one near Turtle Back Zoo, that was the absolute best pizza ever. I went as a kid when I lived in Verona....Didn't know it was still around..

Went there as a kid when I lived in Vernon as well...small world.

Yes it is not far from Turtle Back Zoo and it has been around forever.  My father used to go there as a kid and he is 90 now!

there is a reason I drive over one hour when I want/need the best Pizza, and I drive from Southern Warren County, to Lodi......It's just that damn great !!!!  If any of you find yourself in the area, stop in order a pie regular or sicilian.......sit down in one of the few tables they have and enjoy it

When I moved from Gloucester County to Cumberland Co., in 2004, I came to the sad conclusion that nobody knows how to make pizza down here.

Then, I discovered the Black Olive Restaurant on Brewster Rd. in Vineland.  Best I ever had!  They make one that's half pepperoni/half white with broccoli and lots of garlic - just perfect.  Our Saturday night destination.  (BTW: everything else on the menu is first-class as well, never had a bad piece of veal there.)

2 hours ago, BHC said:

there is a reason I drive over one hour when I want/need the best Pizza, and I drive from Southern Warren County, to Lodi......It's just that damn great !!!!  If any of you find yourself in the area, stop in order a pie regular or sicilian.......sit down in one of the few tables they have and enjoy it

Why would anyone in their right mind drive over an hour to the armpit of NJ for Pizza?

ld.jpg

You guys from North Jersey kill me, some misplaced Italian opens up a shop and you think it’s great because you don’t really know what a great pizza tastes like. If they don’t make their own sauce, sausage, meatballs, dough and grate their own cheese from a block of mozzarella they suck, simple as that. I very rarely eat pizza out because my Italian wife does all of the above i just mentioned, the best pizza around was from Deluccias but since the son took over that is not even good anymore. Magrianos is the best i have found in a pinch

AWM

43 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

You guys from North Jersey kill me, some misplaced Italian opens up a shop and you think it’s great because you don’t really know what a great pizza tastes like. If they don’t make their own sauce, sausage, meatballs, dough and grate their own cheese from a block of mozzarella they suck, simple as that. I very rarely eat pizza out because my Italian wife does all of the above i just mentioned, the best pizza around was from Deluccias but since the son took over that is not even good anymore. Magrianos is the best i have found in a pinch

When did the son take over?  I haven't been there in about 10 years, but I grew up getting pizza from there whenever possible.  I didn't care that it was a 30 minute drive from my house, it was the best pizza in the state, hands down

When did the son take over?  I haven't been there in about 10 years, but I grew up getting pizza from there whenever possible.  I didn't care that it was a 30 minute drive from my house, it was the best pizza in the state, hands down

After Allie passed away a couple years back

AWM