IGNORED

Annual Kayak Trip

1 hour ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Why do you have to change it?  I could move to the 16th, but I'd have to check with my gaggle of friends.

We may have to reschedule a football game to the 15th.   

Are your gaggle going to use Kittatinny or their own kayaks?  

8 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

BYOK

Is it a definite reschedule?  I want to reach out to them early. 

I just spoke with our AD, we are NOT rescheduling our football game.  Kayaking is still Saturday the 15th

Are you using Kittatinny for transportation and parking or are you taking care of all that yourselves?  

Edited by Rusty

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

I just spoke with our AD, we are NOT rescheduling our football game.  Kayaking is still Saturday the 15th

Are you using Kittatinny for transportation and parking or are you taking care of all that yourselves?  

I am going to call the # for the private launch I found while scouting earlier this year (see earlier in this thread).  So we're going to launch above you and park in Kittatinny's lot for the landing.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

51 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I am going to call the # for the private launch I found while scouting earlier this year (see earlier in this thread).  So we're going to launch above you and park in Kittatinny's lot for the landing.

:up:

Did you check with Kittatinny about parking there?   

44 minutes ago, Rusty said:

:up:

Did you check with Kittatinny about parking there?   

Not yet.  I will call them to see if it's okay (I'll pay to park one car) or I can just blend in with the group and then ditch them at the last minute.  I don't think they check cars to floaters, but I don't want to take advantage of them.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:56 PM, Joeybeets said:

I am not sure but I told my kids maybe if they feel that the river was running high and fast they can? Someone in the group questioned it and the reply they got was if they did not comply they will start writing tickets they had a group of 25 and  said they went up to all the other rafters that were also on the river as well.

As per the DWGNRA regulations it might have been a period of HIGH WATER:

1.10 The Delaware River is closed when conditions are determined to be unsafe. (a)(2) River Closures and Restrictions 2.1 Life jackets are mandatory during the period of high water, 8 to 15 feet at the Montague gauge for all individuals onboard vessels which are underway, on, or in the waters of the Delaware River, within the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, are required to wear a Type I, II, III or V USCG approved Personal Flotation Device (PFD). The PFD must be the proper size for the individual wearing it, and it must be in good serviceable condition. 2.2 When water levels reach 15 feet or higher at the Montague Gauge there will be a mandatory closure of the river corridor.

HH, Bucksnbows, Meat, and anyone else that wants to bring your own kayaks and meet us on the river.  We will be launching at the "Launch", Kittatinny's Staircase base,   between 10:30 and 11:00.  If you are not there waiting for us we will head out and hang out at the 2nd set of rocks, "Lunch" for half an hour.  If you haven't hooked up with us by then we will probable never find you.  :shakehead:

Staircase Lunch.png

Edited by Rusty