IGNORED

GUILT OVERLOAD - I have a confession!

JHbowhunter

6 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Sounds like karma is in play here.  How did you obtain the venison?  This sounds like where the real confession should lay.    :flame:

with my bow - 2017, zone 5 legal deer. Not sure if it was a buck or doe though (meaning packages are not labeled to gender), or it could have been an older 10pt buck I got in Ohio with bow, but regardless of deer or age- overcooking was the issue with leather-ness, not the source 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 minute ago, JHbowhunter said:

with my bow - 2017, zone 5 legal deer. Not sure if it was a buck or doe though

Were you shooting your bow or was it in the trunk when you hit the deer?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

14 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

The only reason I fessed up here, is to be quite honest - I do consider overcooking venison to be very serious crime.  Maybe not capital punishment worthy - but close.  I hope that will be the one and only time.   

Should be an indictable offense, I agree...

If my memory serves me correctly. Hmmnn.......there are moments in time that are totally opaque in my world. You can find yourself easily distracted and forgetful. Like the time I drew a bath and then went out to get the mail totally forgetting the water was running. What a freakin mess. Or the time I went in my pack for my thermos and realized I never made the tea, but remembered putting the water on. Rushed out of the woods to get home just in time to shut off the stove as the pot was melting into it. Or the time I went to bed and woke up to a smoke filled apartment forgetting I put a frozen pizza in the oven........I was right around 53 at the time and yes it does go south.... Oh yeah, I forgot this was about overcooking venison. I'd never do that..

Edited by _X7