IGNORED

New truck

Swamp_Yankee

GanJcpm.jpg

2012 F250 Supercab 4x4 shortbed, 6.2L gas, 75K miles. I caught it on Autotrader and took a ride up to the dealer on Saturday. It was owned by a power company called Spectra Energy according to the documents I found in the glovebox (the original window sticker was in there too). A quick Google search on my phone revealed that Spectra merged with another company around the end of February, so its very possible that they sold off a bunch of fleet vehicles to raise cash, reduce redundancy, etc...   The truck is very clean and straight, body is just about perfect. The only thing is that it doesn't have a rear seat-I'm assuming the company removed it so that more tools could be stowed in the rear. I do need a seat because I bought the truck for weekend use, picking up material, etc...and I frequently need to haul my kids around while doing that. I figure it shouldn't be too difficult to put in. It's got a nice backrack with lights as well that I might integrate into a flatbed one day. This isn't my first Super Duty, but it's been a while. I used to own a 2003 F350 SRW regular cab that was literally the last of the 7.3Ls (March build date). I bought the truck with 75K, put another 100K on it, and solid it six years ago to a guy who is still running it today.  The new diesels are too expensive to buy, too expensive to fix, and a hassle to maintain, so I decided to go gas this time.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Congrats on the new truck. Looks very clean from the picture. I had an 03 SD too but it was the Triton 5.4. The 6.2 is more well suited for the SD. Good luck with your purchase! It’s nice to have another Ford in the neighborhood [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just traded in a 99 f250 7.3 with 464,000 miles for a 2018 ram 1500.  The back seat was like new since I always had it folded down.  Too bad you're a little late, or I would have given it to you.  Didn't get more than salvage cost on the trade in.  Good luck with your new truck.  I'll never buy another ford after all the problems I've had with my last two.

28 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Congrats on the new truck. Looks very clean from the picture. 

Thanks-yes, I'm guessing it had to be a Supervisors' vehicle or something because there's no rust and the interior is even in really nice shape.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Nice truck.  Be safe & Enjoy:up:

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.