IGNORED

Man-Stuff Out the Wazoo April 13, 14, 15

That truck is too shiny.  Do you need some help breaking it in?   

Um, no.  The last truck, which I had for 19 years, had a hole rusted through the drivers-side door.  I took that brand new truck out into the woods not even 30 days into owning it and smashed the left side of it.  I am hoping to take slightly better care of this one.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

First scratch is always the hardest, once you get over that all is good. Bought mine used it came pre scratched and a small dent in rear bumper. 2014 F150

That's one thing I am going to miss about my old truck.  It was theft-proof, and when I commuted into the city with it, I didn't have to check while changing lanes or merging.  Anyone who hit me was risking a totaled vehicle on their insurance.  I enjoyed the times when someone in a $60K car would try to out-merge me.  Yeah, like I was going to move.  Go ahead, hit any part of me and the damage to your car will be far more expensive to fix.  The new truck won't make it into the city.  Too expensive to park.  The garage I go to already told me it's considered oversized and would cost $70 to park.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

That's one thing I am going to miss about my old truck.  It was theft-proof, and when I commuted into the city with it, I didn't have to check while changing lanes or merging.  Anyone who hit me was risking a totaled vehicle on their insurance.  I enjoyed the times when someone in a $60K car would try to out-merge me.  Yeah, like I was going to move.  Go ahead, hit any part of me and the damage to your car will be far more expensive to fix.  The new truck won't make it into the city.  Too expensive to park.  The garage I go to already told me it's considered oversized and would cost $70 to park.

That is a nice ride Tom, really nice.   After 19 years you deserve it and you helped the American economy.  Murphy will try to hit you with a redneck tax though. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to commit. 13th 14th 15th of April. Friday Saturday Sunday. I'm going to setup my tent with 4 cots and stay there so if anybody wants to stop by at any time I'll be there. My son is also planning on being there, at least part of the time, so if any of you would like to meet him.... he does think with the fun side of his brain, lol, and he's got some pretty cool stuff going on, (his latest is trying to put together a deer hunting camp in northern Alabama during the January rut) Saturday, Saturday evening I'm sure will be the most popular time, although we all know the party doesn't start until HH shows up with the homebrew!! haha

We should start nailing down some times when you guys  can attend. And if anybody wants to camp there's plenty more room for tents. Just no water on site, we'll have to bring a lot.

without me, my rifle is nothing

• Rusty pinned this topic
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, BowhunterNJ said:

Adding this to our Calendar, we will start to use that more.  Do we have any times for those days?  I'll set it to 12:00PM to start...

my plan is to camp there and just be there for all 3 days.  anybody that wants to join me camping is welcome. I'd really like to make this about fishing. and eating. and eating fish. so bring me all the fresh trout possible, gutted and on ice please, and we/I will prepare them. going to have my smoker/grill there along with my Camp Chef 2 burner,  Ghostbear's grill will be there, ..... fires. we're going to burn massive amounts of wood. and drink. that freakin moonshine is addictive, what til you try it

without me, my rifle is nothing