IGNORED

Great opener!

LPJR

Had a great opener today spent with family and friends..Fished for the first hour or so and caught some nice rainbows. About 0810 I lost literally the biggest trout I ever had on at the Flatbrook.....Had him on for a solid 5 minutes, but was being careful not to muscle the fish with only 4 lb test...Every time I got him close he would run like a salmon stripping line even though the drag was set a bit tighter each time he ran....When he turned close to me I saw that he was easily 25" long and what I estimated to be an 8 lb rainbow. Several guys had their nets ready nearby, which he never would have fit into, lol....Instead of staying where I was, I listened to a guy across the stream who suggested I walk him down where it was calmer. That was my demise.....The fish ended up feeling the tiny bit of slack and took off directly under a log that I got caught up on..Ultimately lost him. My son could not believe the size of it when he saw it turn in front of him and was pretty cool for him to see...

Headed to the car to make cheesesteak, pepper and onion sandwiches which were a hit! I borrowed my buddies (ASFTAX on here) camp stove which worked like a charm..Afterwards, fished again as my son was looking to catch more than one he caught earlier. He caught and released several smaller ones and ended up limiting out.

Got a call from JHBowhunter who was close by said not 1 trout was seen caught where he was.... Told him we would love for him to join us as we were leaving soon....Anyway after starting slow, Jack moved five feet to his left and became a trout catching machine! Every cast on a tiny copper spinner was producing one after another. Well done, and it was cool to fish together....Attached some pics below of the morning and my son with my Dad also. Can't wait to get out again, was a long Winter......

thumbnail_Resized_20170408_072350.jpg

thumbnail_PART_1491666243781_Resized_20170408_075817.jpg

PART_1491666351507_Resized_20170408_095110.jpeg.jpg

PART_1491666294357_Resized_20170408_093013.jpeg.jpg

PART_1491666411244_Resized_20170408_114636.jpeg.jpg

thumbnail_20170408_114237.jpg

PART_1491666258837_Resized_20170408_092048.jpeg.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20170408_092054.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20170408_105702.jpg

Edited by LPJR

Think I missed out on the cheese steak....

Not for long Nick....I am going to pick up a camp stove in the next few weeks...Stocking has only started and looking forward to good times on the stream..Catching trout is cool, but the added bonus of steaks next to the stream is our new thing now. Might make some of the famous meat sticks from Jack's barbeque next among other things.

Look forward to it....that is, if I get the invite

Always invited......ESPECIALLY since you taught my son and I how to fly fish, lol.....Can't wait to break out the fly rods with you, especially with what Bucksnbows is saying...

Edited by LPJR