IGNORED

Youth Day 8 ptr

Devil Horns

We had an awesome day in the woods yesterday. We had 6 kids hunting with our group yesterday between morning and afternoon sits. Some kids only hunted the am and others only hunted the pm due to football games and CCD. Nate was the only one to score on a deer but a few kids had opportunities.

I was sitting with my younger son Nate. We saw a few does early and passed on a lone small doe hoping a buck would show up. Well about 7:30, I looked up towards a field and saw a buck stepping into the woods from the field. I told Nate a big buck was coming down the trail and to get ready. He saw the buck and slowly stood up. The buck was cruising towards a bedding area behind us and had no idea we were there. He stopped behind a tree and Nate shouldered the gun. Once he stepped out and gave Nate a clear shot, he let him have it. The buck jumped and mule kicked and ran about 10 yards. He got tangled up in some vines and Nate couldn't see him. He stumbled a little bit and finally broke free of the vines and Nate let him have it again. He was down for good and laying 30 yds from our tree.

Heck of a first buck!!

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0834.JPG

I'm your Huckleberry :devious: