IGNORED

Wounded Warrior Hunt 2015 (two video kills) NJOA/Hudson Farm

Matty

As most of you may know, I've been continuously blessed to be able to participate in the annual NJOA Wounded Warrior bow hunt for several years now.  It's truly the highlight of my year. No one deserves beautiful days afield more than these men and women!

I'm happy to report that this year was our most successful yet. The hunters were able to harvest two beautiful bucks and a doe. Even more fortunate is that I was with the hunter that doubled up on a doe and buck and I rolled film the whole time.

Before you enjoy the video, I also wanted to bring attention to Len's "go fund me page". Len is in need of "new legs", but they are not covered by the VA  or insurance and are far too expensive for him to purchase on his own. If you can spare some hard earned money for Len, I know he would greatly appreciate it. Len is the type of guy that smiles in the face of adversity and let's nothing damper his spirit or slow his forward progress. In my eyes, the man doesn't "need" legs to conquer anything in this world, but he certainly deserves them. If you happen to donate, truly, THANK YOU!

https://www.gofundme.com/bqesmk

And here is the video! First the doe kill (which I forgot the recovery footage of and then his buck) 

Enjoy!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Thanks guys. I tried to put a little more effort into editing this time.

rgw, yeah that's the stand. You're familiar with the property? 

The other buck taken was really cool and also by a gentleman named Len. It was a big 7 pointer but it's one antler was hanging loose with part of it's fractured skull. I don't have pictures though. Maybe Len will join us and share. I sent him an invite.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Dude, that brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for taking care of our Vets!!!!! Oh and just donated too.

Edited by Jerseybassnbow

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

Yeah I hear you bassnbow, I'm not much for emotions, but when I saw Len stand for the first time, I got choked up. He's spent about a decade in his chair and is finally starting to explore leg braces. His first braces allowed him to stand, but that's about it. Unfortunately he already broke them because they just weren't rugged enough for someone as active as him. The new braces would allow him to be nearly whole again because they have robotic knee joints. What didn't show in the video is that he had to stand and lock his knees without his braces to shoot that buck. It was so inspirational to watch.That's what we were talking about with the shaking. He basically willed himself to rise. Incredible. He has made so much forward progress it's insane.

I can honestly say I love each and every Veteran I've met like a brother or sister, and I'm a better person for having met them.

Thank you so much for helping my friend with your donations!!! You guys are the best!

First congrats to Len and thank you for service. Matty I want to thank you as well for helping these service men and women get to enjoy the outdoors. Great job. Donation made for Len.

I appreciate the kind words, but as I've said in the past, I really don't do anything. I show up, eat incredible food, stay in an incredible place and sit in stands or blinds with some of the greatest people this world has to offer. I should probably be paying thousands of dollars for an experience like this.

However, there are a number of people involved that do make this possible and our very own 'webmavennj' is one of them. She deserves that thank you!

And thank you very much for donating to Len. The outpouring of support and generosity is heart-warming. Thank you so very much!!!!