IGNORED

Heading out this afternoon

Thunderchicken

They were moving early yesterday and today is gonna be even colder.  If you're hunting over food chances are that you will have good movement this afternoon.  Hopefully you will be in a blind out of the wind.  Dress warm and stick a few extra hand-warmers into your boots and pockets.  Best of luck to you both Thunder.   :up:  :up:  

I'm not really hunting anymore but keeping one spot on state land baited with deer cam up checking/ baiting every 2 days. I have up to 11 bucks in and out all day long. A lot of movement 9am-midday and after 4pm. I even had a bear visit for the afternoon wed afternoon, wtf!! If you are hunting between their bedding and a food source with a good wind, it should be a guarantee to at least b seeing deer this time of year and weather.

TC, you are a braver man than most. Pile on the layers, plenty of hand/foot warmers, and something hot to sip. Me, I am seating out this weekend and resting up after back to back days of snow plowing and salting state roads. Planning to hit Cabela's this morning and watching the NFL playoffs this afternoon. Maybe make a big pot of chili. Good luck to you and son.

Good luck guys. Watch your fingers when you gut your deer...Deceiving in these temps because of the heat in the cavity, but try to keep them as dry as possible...

It feels great sticking your frozen fingers in there, though, doesn't it?   The cleaning with snow afterwards not so good...

It feels great sticking your frozen fingers in there, though, doesn't it?   The cleaning with snow afterwards not so good...

I get it completely, the high point of killing a deer in this weather is sticking your hand inside the cavity and letting them thaw a little. :lookaround:

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook: