IGNORED

NJ DEER, how much do you spend on licenses and permits?

TDietz

if your wife reads this forum I'll understand it if you PM me the answer

All around               $72.25

permit bow z8           28

permit bow z10         28

permit bow buck       28

mz             z8            28

mz             z10          28

mz            buck         28

rifle permit              + 10.50

$250.75

fishing license         -22.50

total                        $228.25

I'm just trying to get an idea on what people spend on license fees to hunt deer in NJ.

I see the point of the licenses for the different seasons but it is a money generator as far as the permits go.  I pay for the right to hunt/fish by buying the license, why should I have to buy extra permits just to reduce the population for the state.  Imagine if we had a trout permit for the streams in Sussex and another for streams in Hunterdon and another for wild trout streams because that is the logic they are using.  Extend the bow season if they really want to bring the numbers down in certain zones.  When the state wanted to reduce the bear numbers by a greater amount they opened the bow and muzzy season and it worked.  This is the problem the AR people have with DFW, they see it as a $$$ generator not wildlife mgmt.  IMHO

All around license , at least 2 permits for every season with buck tags , turkey multiple weeks , waterfowl stamps, dues for property NJ and out of state license PA . My calculator broke 

I need to Puke now.   

Thanks 

All around               $72.25
permit bow z5           28
permit bow z2           28
permit bow buck       28

$156.25

I would rather - buy all around sportsman, and pay $50 a buck tag, for a maximum of "2".   They would make more money and stop the madness and in the long run, potentially provide a better hunting experience.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Free.  All I can get.  The state takes care of the Veterans. 

I knew disabled vets and active duty servicemen and women could get free licenses but Vets too? That's new. Where did you find that information. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I'm guessing on some of these costs, as i don't recall the amounts.. correct me if I'm wrong

Bow license 32

Gun license 28

Trapping license 32

Fishing license 22.50

Trout stamp 10.50

Rifle permit 16

Nj Duck stamp 5

Fed duck stamp 15

Hip cert 2

Coyote permit 2

Spring Turkey permit A 22

Spring Turkey permit B 22

Spring Turkey permit E 22

Fall Turkey permit 22

Bear permit bow 2

Bear permit gun 2

Bow permit Z10 28

Bow permit Z11 28

Bow permit Z5 28

Bow permit buck 28

Muzzy permit Z10 28

Muzzy permit Z11 28

Muzzy permit Z5 28

Muzzy buck permit 28

Shotgun permit Z10 28

Shotgun permit Z11 28

Shotgun permit Z5 28

Shotgun buck permit 28

Total $592 if my quick math is correct.

Wow. Thanks for ruining my day lol

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

:devil:  Let's make a comparison.  Weeks Cruise for two  3 times that. --3 trips to the Movies and 3 Dinners out for 2 there is not too many other things you can enjoy for what you pay to Hunt and Fish. Hope that makes your day  :up:

What other states are any cheaper. for you to hunt and fish ??

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I spend a lot of money on licenses. What upsets me the most is during turkey, deer permit, and bear season, most places I hunt are on the border lines of hunting zones. I frequently have to buy 2 permits to hunt the same buck or buy 2 permits to hunt both sides of a road to hunt turkeys because of zone boundaries. It's clearly a money making license as there is no "management" of any species in mind

Same with me, the zones & seasons segments are the shell game where the real money is made as most could easily be consolidated & still achieve management objectives. Sportsmen need to speak out more . I say we start small with a push to purge the muzzleloader tax aka rifle permit. Email njdfg & get your organization to lobby. I emailed & got a long reply from a biologist but it was standard response you would expect trying to justify an unjustified cost to sportsmen. If enough write about undue cost & complexity, something might eventually change or at least get them to think twice about the next money grab.

Edited by gregtpal

All-Around - $72.25

Bow Zone Permit - $28

Buck Tag - $28

Turkey - $21

Fox/Coyote - $2

Bear - $4

Trout Stamp - $10.50

Trapping - $32.50

Total: $198.25

Unfortunately most of my permits and tags go entirely unused. I never even had a chance to fish, trap or hunt turkey and coyotes this past year. I just don't have enough time to enjoy myself. This might be the year I stop buying it all. I can no longer justify buying permits and tags and not having time to go. I'll just get a bow license and that's it. 

All around, buck permits, trout stamp, turkey permits, rifle permit, fox and yote permit so whatever that comes out to. I get out a lot and it's basically my only hobby so, aside from buying a gun now and then, it's really a cheap form of entertainment for me. Do I wish it was cheaper? Hell, I'm no idiot. Sure I do. But, for the amount of fun and entertainment I get out of it, it's a bargain