IGNORED

NJ DEER, how much do you spend on licenses and permits?

TDietz

multiple reasons. I kind of figured I spent less than average, maybe not. Seems that most here are did-satisfied with NJ management and I wondered how much they were willing to pay for their dis-satisfaction. And I know it's only a small percentage of the total hunters that post here, but I respect their opinions and figure it's a pretty good representation of what's going on statewide.

Good enough reason for me  :up:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Yep. I stay at my mom's. In Virginia, if you hunt your own land then, you don't need a license. You are allowed 6 deer per license year and three have to be does. You can shoot them during any season. So, we shoot them during the muzzle loader season all at once.

SWEET  :up:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Yep. I stay at my mom's. In Virginia, if you hunt your own land then, you don't need a license. You are allowed 6 deer per license year and three have to be does. You can shoot them during any season. So, we shoot them during the muzzle loader season all at once.

That's what I'm talking about, I pay over 200 as a resident and mostly hunt my own property

without me, my rifle is nothing

I only get an archery license and 1 extended bow permit, with buck tag, so around $85.  

I used to really enjoy muzzle loader but it got too expensive.  

Same for me^^, add in a buck stub. Sometimes I miss ML season, but then when I go out there in permit bow, as it overlaps, and see how crowded it is and how few deer we have (I hunt public land), I don't.

I'm learning to enjoy fall fishing more and more each year, that, and the Food and Wine Fest at Disney in October. When the deer hunting was better, and I was really motivated and 'into' it, I would have never done either of those, and used to buy several zone permits. It's not worth that much effort, or money, any longer, so I go fishing. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I spend a lot of money on licenses. What upsets me the most is during turkey, deer permit, and bear season, most places I hunt are on the border lines of hunting zones. I frequently have to buy 2 permits to hunt the same buck or buy 2 permits to hunt both sides of a road to hunt turkeys because of zone boundaries. It's clearly a money making license as there is no "management" of any species in mind

Take me with you ...lol

For NJ deer last year it was my all around license and permit fall bow for 2 zones plus a buck permit which was a "light year" for me.  I was too busy to hunt either muzzleloader or permit shotgun.  But then add 2 weeks of spring turkey in NJ, a trout stamp, a pheasant stamp, a NJ rifle permit, a NY non-resident fishing license, a NY non-resident hunting license with bow and turkey tags, a PA non-resident fishing license, and it starts to add up.  

I'm guessing on some of these costs, as i don't recall the amounts.. correct me if I'm wrong

Bow license 32

Gun license 28

Trapping license 32

Fishing license 22.50

Trout stamp 10.50

Rifle permit 16

Nj Duck stamp 5

Fed duck stamp 15

Hip cert 2

Coyote permit 2

Spring Turkey permit A 22

Spring Turkey permit B 22

Spring Turkey permit E 22

Fall Turkey permit 22

Bear permit bow 2

Bear permit gun 2

Bow permit Z10 28

Bow permit Z11 28

Bow permit Z5 28

Bow permit buck 28

Muzzy permit Z10 28

Muzzy permit Z11 28

Muzzy permit Z5 28

Muzzy buck permit 28

Shotgun permit Z10 28

Shotgun permit Z11 28

Shotgun permit Z5 28

Shotgun buck permit 28

Total $592 if my quick math is correct.

Wow. Thanks for ruining my day lol

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

I'm guessing on some of these costs, as i don't recall the amounts.. correct me if I'm wrong

Bow license 32

Gun license 28

Trapping license 32

Fishing license 22.50

Trout stamp 10.50

Rifle permit 16

Nj Duck stamp 5

Fed duck stamp 15

Hip cert 2

Coyote permit 2

Spring Turkey permit A 22

Spring Turkey permit B 22

Spring Turkey permit E 22

Fall Turkey permit 22

Bear permit bow 2

Bear permit gun 2

Bow permit Z10 28

Bow permit Z11 28

Bow permit Z5 28

Bow permit buck 28

Muzzy permit Z10 28

Muzzy permit Z11 28

Muzzy permit Z5 28

Muzzy buck permit 28

Shotgun permit Z10 28

Shotgun permit Z11 28

Shotgun permit Z5 28

Shotgun buck permit 28

Total $592 if my quick math is correct.

Wow. Thanks for ruining my day lol

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Waterfowl went up to 25.00 this year

I spend a lot of money on licenses. What upsets me the most is during turkey, deer permit, and bear season, most places I hunt are on the border lines of hunting zones. I frequently have to buy 2 permits to hunt the same buck or buy 2 permits to hunt both sides of a road to hunt turkeys because of zone boundaries. It's clearly a money making license as there is no "management" of any species in mind

I know of a club that was formed before the DMZs were, they ended up in 3 different zones, all on land that's easily walkable to

without me, my rifle is nothing