IGNORED

DOG KILLED AT GREENWOOD WMA

We came out to the main parking lot on 539 Tuesday morning to find 3 guys standing around, one very distraught with blood on his pants.

They were quail hunting and his pointer was way out on point.

Not quite certain how it happened but a shot was fired, the guy who shot disappeared by the time they got there and the dog was dead or died shortly after.

The wardens had the dog and I heard today that they are checking it out to see if it was birdshot, buckshot or a slug.

If the guy who shot it went in on someone else's dog that was on point for a freaking quail that in itself is pathetic.

If he shot it by accident the SOB didn't have the balls to man up to what he did.

We offered our condolences to the owner but I don't think he even heard us.

Extremely sad story and I didn't want to be the one to tell it.

Lesson learned, consider keeping your dog in closer if it tends to range out farther and our rule is never shoot until a bird is at least head high well above the dogs.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Tragic.  Those stocked quail barely fly as it is, it's possible the bird flushed and the dog was right on it as the jerkoff shot...  I remember my youth some kid nearly shot my GSP up at Walpack, as the dog was about to grab an injured cockbird that could barely fly. BANG- good thing the kid was a bad shot. He was standing right next his father, so my father went over and reamed him out pretty bad for advising his son to take that shot and nearly killed our dog.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I can totally see this kinda thing happening.. I personally got shot while pheasant hunting in BRWMA..  Low flying bird + bone headed hunter = mayhem

I was too, in Medford about 15 years ago. Good thing he was somewhat far out. It felt like someone threw rocks at me, albeit pretty hard. The end result was not serious, thankfully, but my words towards the j/o were.