IGNORED

I've been stewing myself over this

vdep217

7 hours ago, vdep217 said:

That's the thing.   They asked 4 seasons ago I was given permission 3 seasons ago.  They haven't talked to land owner since..  land owner left it up to me at first I was ok with it than found out they are using my set up...

You shouldn’t have been ok with it and kicked his ass off 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Live to Hunt said:

You shouldn’t have been ok with it and kicked his ass off 

Your right.   Seemed like a good dude and I was trying to be nice.   People on here know I go to great lengths to help others and kids..  I said I was ok with it at the start and will be a man of my word and work it out..  I talked to the person and think  we're going in the right direction..  if it doesn't work out I know I tried to be nice and helpful so if it comes to it I will still feel good about the situation

It is..  I also have permission to another one of the land owners pieces that they don't so I have other spots as well as public..  they said they would stay away from the one side and not shoot does close to the corn and to hunt the correct wind so we will see...

9 hours ago, vdep217 said:

So I have a small piece of private property to hunt maybe 4 acres.  Deer movement is great all year..  I bait the center of it and hunt the edges..  the other night I came out and there is another vehicle parked on the property..  naturally I wait for the person..  very nice person and said they do indeed have permission..  fast forward a little I call land owner..  he said they asked 4 years ago and hadn't talked to him since,   but he has not told them no they couldn't any more..  he told me if I don't have a problem he doesn't...  

When I talked to them I asked were they set up and was told the other edge ok np..  we exchange numbers and agree to let one another know where we are..  well I get a text.  Sitting by old permanent..  now this permanent is 30 yrds from cam and after checking cam the person is walking through it repeatedly..  

I have put the work in and bait this spot..  I dont even hunt right over the corn here ...I have become close with land owner and have paid to have deer butchered for his personal use.. I really don't want to give him any headaches so want to handle on my own..  am i wrong to be a little upset over the situation... should I talk and explain my thoughts to other hunter...

Whats your point bro? Lol

This sounds like something Ive heard before

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

I can't see a scenario with more than one hunter on a 4 acres piece.  Even if the logistics are worked out, which would be challenging, there's more activity such as to and from the stand, more scent left that the deer would either avoid the piece all together or hit it well after dark.  Good luck.

I hate to be "that guy", but none of this is ever going to change, unless you buy your own land or lease (with a signed contract). And then, you have a new set of headaches. Money talks. If I was a landowner with 4 acres and had guys squabbling over hunting permission, I'd boot them all out, just saying.

If I was in your shoes, I would either try to work out a solution with the other hunter or move on. Hunting's supposed to be fun, not stressful.

Edited by Stan Putz

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

If it were me I would try to boot him imo. I get it he had permission first, but at the same time when he didn't show up for three years he gave it up. And he even didn't tell the landowner that he was planning to start hunting it  this year to see if anyone else was given permission since he hasn't been there (idk I always thought that was common courtesy?). If I were the landowner personally I would boot him for you. 

2 hours ago, Stan Putz said:

I hate to be "that guy", but none of this is ever going to change, unless you buy your own land or lease (with a signed contract). And then, you have a new set of headaches. Money talks. If I was a landowner with 4 acres and had guys squabbling over hunting permission, I'd boot them all out, just saying.

If I was in your shoes, I would either try to work out a solution with the other hunter or move on. Hunting's supposed to be fun, not stressful.

That's why I'm trying not to involve land owner.   Think I got it worked out well see