IGNORED

WTF is with the SafeLite pop up???

Hunter115522

A couple of days ago it started.. and it's not a regular pop up. I'll be on this site, and I automatically get redirected to safelite.com... I have never been on that site in my life, and it doesn't happen when I'm on any other website.. just this one. I could be in the middle of reading a post, and all of a sudden the page switches to safelite.com, the auto glass site.. Anyone know why that's happening? It's extremely annoying. 

I don't get the safelite but since the update I am having problems with computer hanging up. Sometimes for an enoying 5 seconds and sometimes for good. This definitell due to the advertisement on the bottom. The explanation I got is to change my browser from IE. I also have some issues on my iphone. For example enlarging the screen just a little is impossible as it jumps back to the original size as i lift my fingers. I think this has something to do with the side bar because when I enlarge it to a point the side bar is not visible it works. I guess this will pass or I will get used to it but the site definitely does not work as well as it did before the upgrade. Price of progress and I guess it is not easy to do since it has to work on thousands of computers with different set ups and abilities.

34 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

A couple of days ago it started.. and it's not a regular pop up. I'll be on this site, and I automatically get redirected to safelite.com... I have never been on that site in my life, and it doesn't happen when I'm on any other website.. just this one. I could be in the middle of reading a post, and all of a sudden the page switches to safelite.com, the auto glass site.. Anyone know why that's happening? It's extremely annoying. 

Maybe you need a new windshield 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

9 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

This site does not redirect anyone off the site to another one.  There are ads that have been up for a couple weeks now.  Any chance you are accidentally clicking them and are you seeing Safelite ads here? 

Absolutely didn't click anything. I visit tons of different sites a day, and this is the ONLY site it happens on. I can literally be reading a post, hands off my laptop, and I get redirected to safelite.com. I been on here since 2013, and this only started happening after the new ad format took over. 

Oh, and yes, every once in a  while I get a safelite ad, but there's no way I accidentally click it. This literally happens SEVERAL times a day. Very frustrating 

Edited by Hunter115522

OK I'll reach out to the ad provider.  First time I've heard of this, so I'll have to think about how to reproduce it on my end as I haven't seen that.  Wonder if there's something with that particular ad where the ad itself is bad and doing that since it's the only one you have a problem with.  Will follow up when I hear back!

3 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Thanks Matty! I'm getting ready to throw my laptop down the basement stairs lol. That's the only ad it happens with. The strange part is, I have never visited their website. 

Yeah that's very specific and sounds a bit fishy to me.  If it was malware on your system you'd see it all the time on any website.  If it was malware on this site, everyone would be seeing it.  My best guess is that specific ad has something funky going on, it would be really dirty if they embedded an auto redirect after the ad got loaded (my ad provider wouldn't do that but the company that wins the bid to place the ad might...may not be SafeLite directly, it could be an affiliate of theirs).  We'll see what they say, I emailed them about the behavior.  That or SafeLite REALLY wants you to get you windshield repaired! :rofl:

3 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Yeah that's very specific and sounds a bit fishy to me.  If it was malware on your system you'd see it all the time on any website.  If it was malware on this site, everyone would be seeing it.  My best guess is that specific ad has something funky going on, it would be really dirty if they embedded an auto redirect after the ad got loaded (my ad provider wouldn't do that but the company that wins the bid to place the ad might...may not be SafeLite directly, it could be an affiliate of theirs).  We'll see what they say, I emailed them about the behavior.  That or SafeLite REALLY wants you to get you windshield repaired! :rofl:

Sounds good. I'd be interested to see what they say. If I had a cracked windshield I'd be REALLY freaked out right about now lol.