IGNORED

10-17 pm

Septicdude

Was out this afternoon in Z3 Newark Watershed for only the fourth time this year and the first time in Z3. Been having back problems and last week I was also sick.

I hunted from the tree I would have been in last week and sure enough I had a bear go by at 5:15 giving me a 35 yard broadside. Last week he would have been dead if I was in the same spot.

When I first got up in the tree I noticed a scrape 15 yards from the stand so I will definitely be hunting there again depending on wind direction.

Other times I have been out this year in September were twice in Z8 where I saw nothing and once in Z5 where I also could have shot a sow that had two cubs.

In summary I have seen more bears this year than deer. This past summer I scouted NWS extensively where I saw bears (sometimes the same bear) multiple times. The bear I saw today was significantly bigger than the others I have seen. His belly was almost dragging on the ground.

Edited by 230jhp

22 minutes ago, Bone collector 85 said:

Saw 12 deer one huge buck all at 25 yards in thick stuffno shots taken but ome hell of a night

that's why I want "2 flexible buck tags per year".   You are in the woods hunting, already used your fall buck tag, that BOAL comes by, and you would still have a tag. Now - that means you are done shooting bucks rest of year but you would have had a great year.  If guys knew they only get two a year, they would manage the tags better.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I wont be hunting this spot again til i have a tag could of killed a few doe tonight but refused to scare buck away. Just sucks would of been the biggest deer by far i ever killed or saw on the hoof

Theres more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than the surness of a gun!The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind!

1 minute ago, Bone collector 85 said:

I wont be hunting this spot again til i have a tag could of killed a few doe tonight but refused to scare buck away. Just sucks would of been the biggest deer by far i ever killed or saw on the hoof

The tag system just plain SUCKS. I am sitting out like you.  I would pay more to have flexibility, to have less buck tags.  I can't explain it any other way but your hunt NAILED IT.   

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Im just gonna fish til permit season had a big 8 last night come by at 18 yards im literally hunting different spots daily no wheres near one another and all i see is big ass deer wtf time to fish or golf lol

Theres more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than the surness of a gun!The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind!