IGNORED

Smoked!

toxo

1 hour ago, SPEARFISH said:

Enjoy.  Did you brine them?

Yes I did.A  brine that I got from someone that  posted it on here! I can repost it if you need it. I tweeked it a little more to my liking.:up:

36 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Awesome! I'm very new to smoking, and in the process of figuring out what kind of fish to try. 

I smoke mainly Trout.They are very mild and take on a great smokey flavor. I've smoked small Bluefish and of course Salmon. :fishing:

1 hour ago, toxo said:

I smoke mainly Trout.They are very mild and take on a great smokey flavor. I've smoked small Bluefish and of course Salmon. :fishing:

Sounds good. I was thinking about trying salmon. Does the fish flavor linger in the smoker at all tho, in other words, if I cook ribs a week after the salmon, will there be a fish flavor?

1 hour ago, Hunter115522 said:

Sounds good. I was thinking about trying salmon. Does the fish flavor linger in the smoker at all tho, in other words, if I cook ribs a week after the salmon, will there be a fish flavor?

My smoker is a wet smoker.It has a water pan that keeps everything from drying out.All the oil from the fish drip into this pan.I cover it with tin foil before I add the water.I put tin foil  anywhere I think might get dripped on.Makes it very easy to keep clean.I clean the racks and there is no fish smell left. Salmon is great smoked.:up:

2 hours ago, toxo said:

My smoker is a wet smoker.It has a water pan that keeps everything from drying out.All the oil from the fish drip into this pan.I cover it with tin foil before I add the water.I put tin foil  anywhere I think might get dripped on.Makes it very easy to keep clean.I clean the racks and there is no fish smell left. Salmon is great smoked.:up:

Thanks so much for the info. I'm going to try salmon in the smoker soon. I been eating a lot of it lately, both baked and grilled.. but it's time to try it in the smoker. Thanks again.

Edited by Hunter115522

Yes I did.A  brine that I got from someone that  posted it on here! I can repost it if you need it. I tweeked it a little more to my liking.

Thanks.  I always make a simple brine when I smoke fish, just sugar salt and water with a few spices.

When I worked on a boat we would load up with porgies in the summer.  They were great smoked.  I probably smoked thousands of them.

16 hours ago, Hunter115522 said:

Awesome! I'm very new to smoking, and in the process of figuring out what kind of fish to try. 

IMO, the best fish to smoke have natural oils:  rainbow trout are the best trout to smoke for this reason (conveniently the state stocks only these trout right now), salmon, eels, mackeral, bluefish are all great.  The oil content helps to keep this fish from drying out during smoking, adds a flavor and unction to boot.