IGNORED

11/7 check in

birdshotnj

Good action in the pines this morning. Nice and cold. Had some yearlings come in at first loght. Y buck was bird dogging them. Heard grunting earlier i assumed it was him. Was hoping for a bigger buck but not to be. Hour later this nice doe walked in behind me. Right on my path i took. Success as my scent control worked. She hung out for 10 minutes. No buck following, no fawns with her. Shwack. Meat for the freezer. My next chance to hunt isn't for another 9 days. Slight quarter to on the shot. With the xbow the rage hypodermic busted both shoulders. Clipped top of heart and got one lung. She went about 50 yards.

IMG_20161107_081527866.jpg

working from home - watching 11:15 am chasing all through my woods, seems to be just the 1.5 year olds chasing though.  The buck I been hunting doesn't have to "chase" at all.  He is so much bigger (weight) than all the rest, he will get whatever he wants when he wants it until a new bully moves in (hopefully).

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

That's a dandy, Matt! Congrats!

I'm heading out in a little bit. Been hunting close to home with nothing to report except that I should have been in my stand here on Saturday. The big guy decided to show up just after my sister made the trip to come see me, My neighbor called to tell me the buck just crossed the road and headed toward the creek right toward my stand. Said he was following a doe. My trail cam didn't trigger until the doe passed, but caught him coming..

IMAG0233.jpg

I was in zone 2 this A.M., saw a button buck at 7:00, then around 8 a big buck came out, about the size of the one in my avatar, gave him a few bleats but he wasn't having any, just kept on heading into the swamp, then buttons came back around and walked right under my stand..............pass, then a mink came by for a bit, then a bobcat, then the bobcat found and chased down a rabbit killing and eating it not 20yards from me!! Then as I got ready to leave, buttons came back around! No afternoon for me got to much to do.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.