IGNORED

Game of Thrones [WARNING SPOILERS]

not on the rug

I knew that Littlefinger was going to get his. He was as ruthless as they come in his quest for power. Sansa might come off as naive but she knew he was playing her. Arya had him on her list also I think. She killed him with the dagger he swiped from her father after he betrayed him. It was a given that Danery's and Jon were going to end up in bed. Tyrion was a little disappointed and looked heartbroken.... The plot twists were really good with Cearsi as devious as ever, but not wanting to kill her baby's father....yet! The Army of the Dead's new dragon set the next season into motion for sure.

Finale killed....other than the scene with the dragon taking down the ice wall.  I mean, it's unrealistic for me to expect realistic outcomes when we're talking about ice zombies and dragons, right? :rofl:   I knew littlefinger was going to get his, and loved how Sansa did it.  My only confusion is how the whole Dany/Jon thing pans out.  Either one of them has to die, or give up the throne to the other?

Does anyone else think that Cersei is faking the pregnancy?  Or maybe Jamie isn't the father?  Is it suspicious that the weird scientist/advisor was involved?

The whole dany/jon thing is interesting. One of them is probably the prince (or princess) who was promised and will have to plunge lightbringer in to the heart of the one they love in order to temper it and make it able to slay the night's king. My personal theory is that Jamie is the prince who was promised, but that is neither here nor there....

They have to fall in love because that is what it will take.

Cersei isn't faking the pregnancy. It is real. I'm thinking she loses the baby somehow or somehow it plays in to the whole valonquor prophecy. I have no concrete baby theories yet. Qyburn (the advisor) has nothing to do with any of it.

So...the thing that stood out to me about this episode was how tyrion was outside if dany's room when she and jon got it on. Was he suspicious? Jealous? Confused?

I don't think he knows of jon's lineage. I believe littlefinger did, but that isn't important anymore. I believe the more interesting thing about tyrion is whether or not he is a targaryn. Or are jamie and cersei targaryns. The mad king was in love with their mother. I'm wondering if the show will even go there. I'm sure the books will answer the question

I don't even know what lightbringer is...are you leading us too far ahead...you read the books! :)

I think Tyrian was jealous.  Bran said no one else knows of Jon Snow's real lineage...he would know, he sees all.

Someone in the episode mentioned she was Tyrian's type...so jealousy it is.

I don't even know what lightbringer is...are you leading us too far ahead...you read the books! :)

I think Tyrian was jealous. Bran said no one else knows of Jon Snow's real lineage...he would know, he sees all.

The show is actually ahead of the books now.

Google the prince who was promised prophecy and azor ahai. Its the stuff melisandre talked about. She thought stannis was the prince who was promised and that his sword was lightbringer. Now she thinks jon is the prince who was promised. Once you understand the prophecy, who azor ahai was and how lightbringer was forged, you'll have a whole new appreciation of the show and what may come

Edited by not on the rug

I think Tyrian was jealous.  Bran said no one else knows of Jon Snow's real lineage...he would know, he sees all.

Bran sees all but he didn't know about the annulment or wedding of Rhaegar and Lyanna until Sam told him. I thought Tyrian looked worried not jealous. He had that "oh no, someones having sex with his aunt" look on his face. Don't ask me how I know how that looks!  :shock:

Bran sees all but he didn't know about the annulment or wedding of Rhaegar and Lyanna until Sam told him. I thought Tyrian looked worried not jealous. He had that "oh no, someones having sex with his aunt" look on his face. Don't ask me how I know how that looks!  :shock:

Bran has the ability to see all, but doesn't automatically just see it. He has to seek it out. He has to spend time "under water" in order to learn these things.

Spoiler alert:  Hollywood is writing the ending of the show.  Don't expect any of the good plot twists that Martin would have brought.  It's going to be cookie-cutter Hollywood predictability from hereon out.

You saw it with this season's finale.  Very textbook in closing story lines and predictably setting up the next season's.  The season closer from the past six seasons was far different than this one.  Keep that in mind because it'll be sensationalized plot lines moving forward.

That's just my pessimism with the profound lack of creativity in Hollywood since the 1980s.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Spoiler alert: Hollywood is writing the ending of the show. Don't expect any of the good plot twists that Martin would have brought. It's going to be cookie-cutter Hollywood predictability from hereon out.

You saw it with this season's finale. Very textbook in closing story lines and predictably setting up the next season's. The season closer from the past six seasons was far different than this one. Keep that in mind because it'll be sensationalized plot lines moving forward.

That's just my pessimism with the profound lack of creativity in Hollywood since the 1980s.

I agree, although I believe that Martin does have some say in the show writing.

I loved this season's finale, although I felt like it, and this entire season for that matter, were a bit rushed and a bit predictable. Then again, the show (as amazing as it is) is basically a dumbed down, drastically simplified and fast-forwarded version of the books.

So if you guys love the show, you'd go apeshit over the books

Edited by not on the rug

So if you guys love the show, you'd go apeshit over the books

I read the books and wasn't going to watch the shows until I was done with the books.  But I'm so disgusted with Martin that I've lost all interest in his books.  I'm watching the shows with the rest of America then I'm done, I probably won't read the books, if he lives long enough to finish them.   

Edited by Rusty

I read the books and wasn't going to watch the shows until I was done with the books.  But I'm so disgusted with Martin that I I've lost all interest in his books.  I'm watching the shows with the rest of America then I'm done, I probably won't read the books, if he lives long enough to finish them.

Tell me about it. I believe The Winds of Winter will be released within the next 6 months. I could be wrong though.

A Song of Spring will be anywhere from 5-7 years after that. Although I read a rumor somewhere that Martin was actually employing some ghost writers to help work on the manuscript for ASOS because he does want to finish his masterpiece before he dies.

I just feel bad for the people who started reading in 1996

He's writing two books at once right now. He says the book about the history of the targyrens may actually come out before the thrones book. Disgusted as well. Read all the books before the show and now I will be completely confused when the new book eventually comes out . If I decide to read it.