IGNORED

Game of Thrones [WARNING SPOILERS]

not on the rug

I think you're right on the Danni theory (and, technically, that was my theory  :rofl: ).  It is aligning nicely and it makes sense.  I had to read Jorah's story again, and it makes sense.  But Jon and Jamie will not do the deed.  It will be Danni or Jorah.  He is the most formidable soldier in the series having never lost any combat.  He's fallen from grace multiple times--having lost his family, being hunted by the Starks, etc.  Now he's got Grayscale.  He is the most unlucky character in the series who is still alive.

I can see a scene with Sam explaining how the sword has to be forged, and the characters' struggle between being selfish or selfless.  And with so many priests/priestesses around who've been bringing characters back form the dead, we can always bring Dani back.

Wouldn't it also be ironic if Grayscale is the thing that stops the walkers?  And why did Grayscale destroy Valeria?  Is Jorah Lightbringer, the personified weapon against the White Walkers wielded metaphorically by Danni?  She must sacrifice him and his existence to become something she can never have.

I think the gift is Tyrion's head, which he isn't going to get.  And the loss of the Cersei's navy will just be another chink in her armor.  One of the themes in the first episode this season was bad decisions.  There is a scene between Cersei and Jamie about her father's bad decision (and her defense of her father's lessons on her) and also between Sansa and Jon about their family's bad decisions.  Sansa is trying to make Jon rule by cruel whereas he defers to compassion.  Rob ruled by cruel, and lost his head because of it.  Cersei is rule by cruel, so she's done.  Danni had the same epiphany under Jorah's guidance which was then reinforced by Tyrion when he defended Jorah.  I think that's this season's theme.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

putting it all together...Gendry literally forges the sword and dany plunges it in to jorah's chest as the 3rd and final time she sends him away.

The other option is that Jorah, or maybe someone else, is literally lightbringer. somehow he plays in to this all though

Euron definitely bring her something. The word is that they team up at some point in time and wreak havoc on people. I'm still guessing it has to do with the sandsnakes. another thought is that he brings her dragonbinder, the horn that when blown controls the dragons.

In the books, there are 2 magical horns in the world that will have something to do with the end game. If you remember back to when Sam and the nights watch travel north of the wall and they are digging and they find the old cloak filled with dragonglass and a horn. That is the horn supposedly the of Joramun, allegedly the horn that will raise the giants and bring down the wall. the other, dragonbinder, is supposedly in the possession of none other than Euron Greyjoy. He claims to have found it on an expedition to Valyria. Now, in the books they talk about how nobody who goes to old Valyria on an expedition ever returns. But we know, in the books and the show, that Tyrion goes through there. In the show it's with Jorah, in the books the story is far more complicated than that. He is with a man named John Connington and possibly the real Aegon Targaryn (but that is a story for another day)

Valyria was destroyed during what they refer to as the doom of Valyria, basically a giant earthquake and volcanic eruptions. Grayscale had nothing to do with it. The reason the area is filled with stone men (people in the final stages of grayscale) is because it's basically become a quarantine since the land is uninhabitable

More thoughts...what if the smoke that Jon was born under was just a metaphor and not literal smoke. More like, smoke and mirrors or a smoke screen? I mean, he was born and instantly a veil of deception was placed over him. He and nobody but ned and howland reed ever knew who he really was

Also, I was thinking more about lightbringer and it not being a literal sword. Jorah could be the bringer of the light which kills the white walkers. The light being that knowledge from Sam. Which makes Dany the prince who was promised, aka azor ahai reborn because she forged him. Shall we dive in to that one?

Edited by not on the rug

Great episode last night.  

1-looks like I was right about Euron's gift to Cersei.  It will be Ellaria Sand, the 1 bratty daughter who didn't die, and probably Yara too., although I'm guessing tha tEuron kills Yara himself and then turns over the others to Cersei as his gift.  Next week's episode is titled "The Queen's Justice"

2-Mixed emotions about the Nymeria and Arya scene.  I loved seeing Nym, but sadly I believe this is the last we'll see of her. Going back to Winterfell and being Arya's pet isn't who she is now.  The only thing that could maybe happen is Nym and the pack show up sometime later this season (doubtful) or maybe next season once the final battle is taking place.  

3-Sam is going to try to find a cure for Jorah.  Whatever he is doing isn't going to work.  I'm still thinking that dragonglass is the cure. 

4-Missendei is an absolute smokeshow.  Thank goodness for nudity on HBO

5-Dany and Varys in the opening scene were awesome.  Great interaction

6-Olenna telling Dany to nut up and be a dragon was awesome!  

7-Seeing Ned's statue in the crypts was a little heart-wrenching.  Not gona lie

8-Disappointed that they never hit on the wall or Bran at all.  Hopefully we get a good chunk of that next week. 

9-So...Last night I think they hinted at the theory of the Game of Thrones being a story in the past that is being told by a maester.  When Sam and the Archmaester were walking through the library to pick books out for the Archmaesters new research project, which he was going to call "something something kingdom of Robert the 1st  and after blah blah blah"  Sam cringed.  The archmaester said "what. you don't like the title?" I forget what was said afterwards.   Archmaester mentioned that the importance isn't writing a research book it's writing one that people will want to read.  The title will be A game of Thrones. duh...

10-When Missendaei pointed out that in high valyrian, words (The prince who was promised) are gender neutral and that the prince could be a princess  it immediately took me to the valonquor theory too.  "little brother" could equally mean "little sister" after all

also...just stumbled across this video about jamie being the prince who was prmoised.  worth the 12 minutes

So guys...what do you think?

Edited by not on the rug

I enjoyed the episode as well.  I thought Yara was hanging from the ship, no?  I was definitely frustrated with Theon...he's like a cockroach.

Missendei stole the show for me.  It was also nice to see Jon Snow bully Littlefinger.

It was a long weekend with the babies so I didn't get to pay too close of attention but I got the gist of it.  Looking forward to seeing what happens with Jon Snow and Dany.

I enjoyed the episode as well.  I thought Yara was hanging from the ship, no?  I was definitely frustrated with Theon...he's like a cockroach.

Missendei stole the show for me.  It was also nice to see Jon Snow bully Littlefinger.

It was a long weekend with the babies so I didn't get to pay too close of attention but I got the gist of it.  Looking forward to seeing what happens with Jon Snow and Dany.

nope.  the chick hanging was the chick with the whip.  the chick who was impaled was the other one.  Yara is still his prisoner

Game of Thrones is probably my favorite show.  I don't watch too much TV.  I am in no way as near into it, tho, as HH and NotR.  I was just happy when Ramsey Bolton was killed.  Also, I do know that winter is coming and that a Lanister always pays his debts.

I was stuck on a delayed flight so I couldn't watch it yesterday evening.  Got caught up just now using HBO Now (well worth it if you're a cable cutter).

1 - I didn't see that coming as clearly as you did, but it makes the most sense.

2 - Watch the "after the episode" where they talk about the wolf and the parallels between Arya and her wolf.  It'll make a lot of sense.

3 - Maybe, but we'll see.

4 - No argument.

5 & 6 - Yup.

7 - I never had a bromanse with Nedd, so I wasn't too excited there.

8 - The Starks are converging back onto Winterfell, that's the scene I want to see.

9 - "Possibly something a bit more poetic"

10 - Not convinced over the Jamie thing.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on Sunday's Episode?

1-Great play by cersei/jamie to give up an essentially useless Casterly Rock and trade that for the resources of Highgarden.  

2-Amazing scene between Jamie and Oleanna Tyrell.  We've known all along that she killed Joffrey, but to see her tell Jamie was priceless.  giant FU to the Lannisters

3-Very curious about the line by Melisandre when she was talking to Varys... how she is going to Volantis but then has to come back to Westeros to die.  Then she commented that Varys knew what she meant.  whoa!!! wtf does that mean.  We learned from the that other red priestess last season that Varys has some connection to the lord of light from the guy who castrated him, but to hear Melisandre say something totally blew me away.  what does Westeros have to do with her and vary's dying?  why do they have to be there?  there are some strange internet theories on Varys, but I'm still trying to piece things together. 

4-More of Dany being an entitled twat.  Between Emilia Clarke's terrible acting and the way the she has been portraying Dany, I'm really starting to hate the character.  She isn't this way in the books

I dunno...anything else noteworthy to any of you guys?

I did not see #1 coming, was an excellent play on their part!

Agreed on #2, man...she drank that poison QUICK and then sunk the last dagger!

On #3, I heard it as she has to return (to that island), Varys suggested she shouldn't return, she said she has to and will die there, and then said he too will die there.  Of course she's been wrong before...so who knows.

#4, she's easy on the eyes, but she is getting a little annoying :)

What about #5, the savage punishment of Ellaria by Cersei!  "Be sure the guards change the torches every few hours so she doesn't miss a moment of the suffering"

I did not see #1 coming, was an excellent play on their part!

Agreed on #2, man...she drank that poison QUICK and then sunk the last dagger!

On #3, I heard it as she has to return (to that island), Varys suggested she shouldn't return, she said she has to and will die there, and then said he too will die there.  Of course she's been wrong before...so who knows.

#4, she's easy on the eyes, but she is getting a little annoying :)

What about #5, the savage punishment of Ellaria by Cersei!  "Be sure the guards change the torches every few hours so she doesn't miss a moment of the suffering"

well...ellaria is a bit of an extremist and cersei is a total sociopath.  i was expecting a no-holds-barred scene there.    and I  was definitely right about them being the gift to cersei.  

I think you've overlooked that Tyrion is doing a terrible job creating battle plans, and most everything he's done was predicted and foiled by his brother and sister.  This won't bode well for him as an adviser.  She needs a battle commander and that could be Jorah or Davos.  But Tyrion is out of his element and is being read like a book.

Put in perspective:  They lost their entire navy, the Doran army, and two allies; the unsullied are on the other side of the continent; and all they have left are the dragons and the Dothraki.

Did Sam tell Jorah what his father said on his deathbed?  I don't remember seeing that, and I would think that it is very important.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

I think that Tyrion is just being short-sighted, although I also think that this might be some sort of trick or set up.  Tyrion is the smartest person in the show and they've done a great job telling us that over and over.  Consider that this is nothing but set-up and that Tyrion wins the brain game down the road.  

Did Sam tell Jorah what who's father said on his deathbed?  Sam's father is still alive and Jorah's father (Jeor) was stabbed in the back and died at Craster's keep.  He never said anything or had a death bed

Did Sam tell Jorah what who's father said on his deathbed?  Sam's father is still alive and Jorah's father (Jeor) was stabbed in the back and died at Craster's keep.  He never said anything or had a death bed

As Jeor Mormont lay dying at Crasters Keep he had one final wish for Sam. That was to find Jorah Mormont and tell him to take the black.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

As Jeor Mormont lay dying at Crasters Keep he had one final wish for Sam. That was to find Jorah Mormont and tell him to take the black.

I just watched the scene and that doesn't happen.  Jeor gets stabbed in the back by Rast, drops his sword, turns around and starts choking Rast.  Eventually he coughs up blood, drops Rast and collapses. Rast picks up the knife and stabs Jeor repeatedly.  Sam is in the fringe the whole time and then leads Gilly out of the House.  There never is an interaction between them