IGNORED

Game of Thrones [WARNING SPOILERS]

not on the rug

• 1 year later...

So... I've been really trying to think outside the box on how things will work out.  I am thinking that the whole "prince who was promised" prophecy isn't going to mean what we think it means.  Same goes for what Winterfell actually is. 

I think the Prince who was promised is going to be little Sam (Craster and Gilly's baby).  Quite literally he will be the replacement for the Night King.  He was promised to the Night King.  Craster was giving his children to the Night King so he could create his White Walkers out of them.  When Gilly kept the kid, she broke the line and therefore broke the promise.  That kid was supposed to be the 100th son given to the Night King. So...he is coming south for the Prince who was promised.  I think...

As for Winterfell, again literally,  it is the location where winter fell.  Where it lost.  An arrangement was made and the Night King returned North.  The dead Starks who are burried there are going to rise (the steel swords that keep their spirits in place have long since rusted away) and the King is coming to recruit them.  Remember, the Night King was created by the Children of the Forest to fight along side of the first men (the Starks were among the first men) in order to keep the Andals out of the North.  So...the Night King, the Starks (who were originally manning the wall) and the Children are all on the same team.  

There must always be a Stark in winterfell so that the crypts will be protected and the spirits will be ready when the Night King arrives.

Remember that the Night King was a former lord commander of the Nights Watch (and a Statk) and he married a pale, cold woman with icy eyes.

Anyway, just a few thoughts 

Edited by not on the rug

15 hours ago, not on the rug said:

So... I've been really trying to think outside the box on how things will work out.  I am thinking that the whole "prince who was promised" prophecy isn't going to mean what we think it means.  Same goes for what Winterfell actually is. 

I think the Prince who was promised is going to be little Sam (Craster and Gilly's baby).  Quite literally he will be the replacement for the Night King.  He was promised to the Night King.  Craster was giving his children to the Night King so he could create his White Walkers out of them.  When Gilly kept the kid, she broke the line and therefore broke the promise.  That kid was supposed to be the 100th son given to the Night King. So...he is coming south for the Prince who was promised.  I think...

As for Winterfell, again literally,  it is the location where winter fell.  Where it lost.  An arramgement was made and the Night King returned North.  The dead Starks who are burried there are going to rise (the steel swords that keep their spirits in place have long since rusted away) and the King is coming to recruit them.  Remember, the Night King was created by the Children of the Forest to fight along side of the first men (the Starks were among the first men) in order to keep the Andals out of the North.  So...the Night King, the Starks (who were originally manning the wall) and the Children are all on the same team.  

There must always be a Stark in winterfell so that the crypts will be protected and the spirits will be ready when the Night King arrives.

Remember that the Night King was a former lord commander of the Nights Watch (and a Statk) and he married a pale, cold woman with icy eyes.

Anyway, just a few thoughts 

This feeds into why Sam took the family award from his home.  Sets up the final “accidentally heroic” moment for Sam to step up.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

19 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

This feeds into why Sam took the family award from his home.  Sets up the final “accidentally heroic” moment for Sam to step up.

I'm guessing "award" means sword.  I agree though. I have a feeling the show will do some cheeseball shit where Jon gives Longclaw back to Jorah and then Jon will use Sam's sword for the final fight.  The Tarly sword is called "Heartsbane" and if you know the story of Azor Ahai, he plunges his sword in to his wife Nissa Nissa's heart in order to temper the steel with her soul.  This sword was "lightbringer" and was used in defeating the others.  Jon will have to plunge the sword in to someone's breast (thus making it truly a heart's bane) before his battle with the Night King.  I'm guessing he will kill Melisandre although I'd prefer for him to kill Daenerys to be on par with what Azor Ahai had done.  

Another thought I've had is that Jon and Dany's unborn son is actually The Prince who was Promised and the Night King is coming for him instead.   There will be a lot of differences between the books and the show though, so any number of these theories are possible.  

3 minutes ago, toxo said:

I love the show but sometimes I can't even remember my own name,none the less all the characters of  the Game of Thrones.I don't know how you guys do it! :up:

Try reading the books..lol.  There are over 1000 named characters.  The show is simple compared to that.  Also, repetition helps. I've read the existing books 3x each and watched the entire series about 10 times all the way through now.  So...It becomes second nature. 

Honestly though, I'm not ordinarily in to fantasy stuff, dragons, etc, but GoT is just such a masterpiece (books and show) that it's almost impossible not to love.  I'm really looking forward to the final season.