IGNORED

LEAVING NOTES OF WHERE YOU START.

I am Alone- but my Sister is just up the road. I always Leave Notes of where,I plan to Park and Turkey Hunt.

I move around  alot- but at least the starting point is down on paper.

Never know- Anything can and will happen is what you have to remember. 

Who else leaves Notes of where you plan to Turkey Hunt?

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

9 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

I am Alone- but my Sister is just up the road. I always Leave Notes of where,I plan to Park and Turkey Hunt.

I move around  alot- but at least the starting point is down on paper.

Never know- Anything can and will happen is what you have to remember. 

Who else leaves Notes of where you plan to Turkey Hunt?

Used to do it when I went off ashore on my boat.

Here's a  hunting similar.

Hunting-Plan-pic.png

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

My wife downloaded the 360 it's an electronic dog leash, did for the kids and put it on all our phones, it's a pain in the ass as of the always able to see where you are however the one morning going deer hunting and left phone on the back of the truck I was able to find out where it was by looking on her phone 

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

31 minutes ago, Roon said:

My wife downloaded the 360 it's an electronic dog leash, did for the kids and put it on all our phones, it's a pain in the ass as of the always able to see where you are however the one morning going deer hunting and left phone on the back of the truck I was able to find out where it was by looking on her phone 

That’s a good idea. Last year I dropped my phone out of my pocket coming out of the woods. I noticed when my phone didn’t connect to my truck blue tooth. I used my Apple Watch and was able to ping my phone while I back tracked my trail to find it. 

1 hour ago, Roon said:

I have the 360 app too. I don’t find it as much as a pain love that she’s able to see where i’m at god forbid I don’t come home one night and i’m laying in the woods somewhere. Also enjoy that I can do the same for her it’s a crazy world we live in

Nope.  If anybody wants to know where I'm at they can ping my phone, look for my truck, and put my dogs on the trail. If I die in the woods, I'll have gone out in peace with freedom.  My son knows most of the spots to look for me, anyway.  Wife wouldn't miss me until the dogs have to go out the next morning.  

If you have an Android phone you can just "Share Location" using your normal Google Maps - you can share to all the people who you want to know where you are. I share my location to my wife, dad, and my kids. Hopefully, ONE of them will care enough to check on me if I don't come home on time :) Could also help if you lose your phone out in the woods.

Apple iPhones have a similar feature.

The problem with that (or any phone app for that matter) is if you are in a place that doesn't have cell service, then it doesn't help.

1 hour ago, Jcol6268 said:

That’s a good idea. Last year I dropped my phone out of my pocket coming out of the woods. I noticed when my phone didn’t connect to my truck blue tooth. I used my Apple Watch and was able to ping my phone while I back tracked my trail to find it. 

I use Tile for this. Have it on my keys and wallet. If you misplace your keys, phone,or whatever else you have tile for, you can ring  it to find it. If you leave behind you can see on your phone where you left it,   (It gives you a map with location). If you leave your phone behind you can find its location on your PC. I also have shout help app on my phone. If I’m in trouble and need help I press one button and it texts and email to predetermined people with a message to get help, giving them my gps location 

56 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I also have shout help app on my phone. If I’m in trouble and need help I press one button and it texts and email to predetermined people with a message to get help, giving them my gps location

I have a Google Pixel phone. It came with this "Personal Safety" app. Even though I still use the basic "Share Location" feature of Google Maps, this app does similar things -- it will be able to call 911 and send your GPS location to your emergency contacts that you specify. It also immediately starts recording audio/video.

I don't think you need a Pixel, I think it can install on other types of Android phones. It's part of the emergency features like Car Crash detection.

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

I use Tile for this. Have it on my keys and wallet. If you misplace your keys, phone,or whatever else you have tile for, you can ring  it to find it. If you leave behind you can see on your phone where you left it,   (It gives you a map with location). If you leave your phone behind you can find its location on your PC. I also have shout help app on my phone. If I’m in trouble and need help I press one button and it texts and email to predetermined people with a message to get help, giving them my gps location 

I used the tiles when they first came out. I felt they were garbage and a waste of money. Only sometimes would they actually work. I felt the tile was bulky on my keys as well. That musta been close to a decade ago now. Do you find them to be reliable? I like the idea of the shout app, I’m gunna look into that. 

1 hour ago, Jcol6268 said:

I used the tiles when they first came out. I felt they were garbage and a waste of money. Only sometimes would they actually work. I felt the tile was bulky on my keys as well. That musta been close to a decade ago now. Do you find them to be reliable? I like the idea of the shout app, I’m gunna look into that. 

Yes they are reliable and they are not bulky anymore 

here is a key and wallet tile 

IMG_6636.jpeg

IMG_6637.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg

IMG_6639.jpeg

Edited by Lunatic