IGNORED

Almost lost turkey gun!

Bonefreak

Heard it done before…& even have a pal who lost a gun in the Texas turkey woods years ago….but Naw…never me!!  Nope….while creeping in closer to a roost this AM….at bout 50 yds at a clip….stopped & took a rock outa my boot…& realized I didn’t have my gun. That panic feeling began!!  Not a good feeling !!  Luckily, we backtracked 40 yds and my bro saw it leaning on a tree. 2 wks of scouting n youth day prep has me sleep deprived and spun out already. Going down to WV tomorrow to relax n hunt big woods birds!!

I did that with a bow and tree stand. Looking for deer after a shot and left bow and tree stand behind. 2 1/2  hours later found them .It was dark had to go back to the truck and get a bigger light.     Also no deer   I found arrow   clean miss. I do know the panic feeling. Glad you found it.Good luck in WV  

Edited by electricstart

16 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Heard it done before…& even have a pal who lost a gun in the Texas turkey woods years ago….but Naw…never me!!  Nope….while creeping in closer to a roost this AM….at bout 50 yds at a clip….stopped & took a rock outa my boot…& realized I didn’t have my gun. That panic feeling began!!  Not a good feeling !!  Luckily, we backtracked 40 yds and my bro saw it leaning on a tree. 2 wks of scouting n youth day prep has me sleep deprived and spun out already. Going down to WV tomorrow to relax n hunt big woods birds!!

Glad it worked out

My Dad left his Beretta Silver Hawk on the ground in a rest area. It was a large, wooded area that we always stopped for rabbits. Well, he shot one and when he got to the car, he laid down the gun to gut the rabbit, put the rabbit in the trunk and drove away. About 15 minutes went by before he realized it. He went back and a couple were spending some alone time. The guy came out of the car with his gun and gave it back to him. :up:

Edited by archer36

19 hours ago, electricstart said:

I did that with a bow and tree stand. Looking for deer after a shot and left bow and tree stand behind. 2 1/2  hours later found them .It was dark had to go back to the truck and get a bigger light.     Also no deer   I found arrow   clean miss. I do know the panic feeling. Glad you found it.Good luck in WV  

Haha. I did the same thing. Lesson learned! Never again.