IGNORED

18’ boat suggestion for family bay fishing

Psiggz

If Raritan Bay there’s a couple things to consider especially since you mention “family” boat. RB can be calm and flat then kick up to 4’ waves quickly. If you’re going to “pick your days” that makes a difference. I fished RB for years in an aluminum tiller, now I have an 18’ Mckee Offshoreman. It is perfect for Raritan Bay and up the rivers. But I don’t go out in 4’ waves and up anymore, I just don’t enjoy that anymore

AWM

19 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

If Raritan Bay there’s a couple things to consider especially since you mention “family” boat. RB can be calm and flat then kick up to 4’ waves quickly. If you’re going to “pick your days” that makes a difference. I fished RB for years in an aluminum tiller, now I have an 18’ Mckee Offshoreman. It is perfect for Raritan Bay and up the rivers. But I don’t go out in 4’ waves and up anymore, I just don’t enjoy that anymore

That’s why I asked which bay .

i also fished many small boats in the RB.

Started with a 14’ StarCraft with a 30 mariner 

.Then 19’ sea boss , to 23 sea pro .

knowing what I do now IMO the best boat to gain more fishable days in RB would be a 22’ especially with a family .

it doubles the actual days you can comfortably use the boat .

if fishing Barneget bay a 19-20 can be used with the same confidence 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I Fished The Raritan Bay Shore & Blight for some 70 years from 12 ft wood 5 hp rentals from Franks to just renting and father adding a 3 1/2 Champion outboard that had to travel with the tides. Graduated to 18 ft Tri hull Crusier INC  85 hp to later kayaks.  No matter your choice be weather aware and practice safe boating,  Bet advises visiting a marina talk to family boat owners in the Bayshore Not Boat shoes or opinions get it from those living it, 

Forgot Today do not leave out the safety of being rescued beside the Coast Guard 

images.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif