IGNORED

It is official OLD MINE ROAD CLOSED ALL SPRING/SUMMER

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

It’s not a park. It’s the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Both sides NJ and PA.  There are efforts now to make it a park.

My Bad ---   Just being Pro active and so used to hearing & being referred to &  being  called a park  

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Yesterday and today - it was/is closed due to wildfire on the mountain.  It is now 75% contained over a 30 acre area. I took off work early to go shad fish with my boat at Worthington, and got turned away right off the Rt 80 exit.   Launched at water gap - tried motoring N up to Shawnee where I wanted to fish, but smoke was too thick - not healthy.    Ended up fishing below rt 80 bridge and it sucked, just one small shad.   I never launched or fished there before.  Today - still closed.  Tomorrow - hopefully open in morning. 

As for the access from Millbrook Village - it will definitely NOT be opening this year at all.  My buddy spoke national park service and they said they are not going to open it for any reason. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

12 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Yesterday and today - it was/is closed due to wildfire on the mountain.  It is now 75% contained over a 30 acre area. I took off work early to go shad fish with my boat at Worthington, and got turned away right off the Rt 80 exit.   Launched at water gap - tried motoring N up to Shawnee where I wanted to fish, but smoke was too thick - not healthy.    Ended up fishing below rt 80 bridge and it sucked, just one small shad.   I never launched or fished there before.  Today - still closed.  Tomorrow - hopefully open in morning. 

As for the access from Millbrook Village - it will definitely NOT be opening this year at all.  My buddy spoke national park service and they said they are not going to open it for any reason. 

Is Millbrook rd. closed going to Blairstown or Old Mine Rd from Millbrook North?

11 minutes ago, kohunter said:

Is Millbrook rd. closed going to Blairstown or Old Mine Rd from Millbrook North?

The closure is from Millbrook village, so when you come down the mountain, you can still bear right and head toward Blue Mountain Lakes or the Flatbrook. You can't make that left anytime this year.   The other roadblock will be at the northern tip of Worthington, although yesterday and today, even that was closed at rt 80 due to the fire. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

group of friends hunts the northern section near the intersection of Old Mine Rd and Jager Rd for deer and birds they read the article and now are concerned about access this fall cause the article said this area will be closed all of the fall leading into the new year. I told them to start looking for other places to hunt just in case the road is closed this fall, but it falls on deaf ears until the last minute with them

... The second phase will rehabilitate an additional three-mile section of the road at the park’s northern end, from Mile Marker 26.4 to Mile Marker 26.7 and between Mile Marker 29.6 and Mile Marker 32.4 in Sandyston and Montague Townships. ...

Where exactly is Mile Marker 32.4? in relation to Digman's Bridge?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, BothBarrels said:

Where exactly is Mile Marker 32.4? in relation to Digman's Bridge?

Thanks

my friends tried looking up the mile makers on a online map, it doesn't show

Posted (edited)

Thankfully fires are done. I got to Worthington this morning for a nice 2 hour 20 minute shad session. These fresh early fish pound for pound are as strong a fight as any fish that swims. Only landed 5 of 8 hookups. Waders have a good leak so headed for the hills. I know @hammer4reelis in his boat and really banging them - he is in a much better area I could not get to due to road closure. I may go back with my boat later. 

IMG_1439.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

Is the fire still going on? If not is the road open?  

fire is out - Old Mine is open from Rt 80 To north end of Worthington.  The will NOT be opening that long stretch from North tip of Worthington to Millbrook Village.   That is a lot of lost fishing access, hiking access, and hunting access because this will overlap into hunting season.  

I shot a big 10pt once….