IGNORED

It is official OLD MINE ROAD CLOSED ALL SPRING/SUMMER

I wonder who’s getting the overflow of the illegals then. That place will be in pristine condition this year. I can’t confirm but a buddy said a few roads down by the  river in Sussex county were closed off last year just to prevent them from leaving all their crap behind.  I know crater lake gate is closed on weekends during the warmer months. No one is carting bbq equipment down that long road by hand. 

11 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Delaware Water Gap is not a National Park. And let's hope it never becomes one.

https://www.nonationalpark.org/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nonationalpark

Never said it was Old Mine rd starts on State Land and continues on National Park Lands.

And The entire area from  RT80 north along the Delaware on both sides is and has been under consideration to become part of the national park system.  Guess who will win.  -------- Tocks Island ring a bell ??????

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

sent the article to a friend of mine, he and a group of guys hunt the north section of Old Mine Road but they only hunt deer/bear during the 6 day season, but one in the group just got into archery and now looks like he and will need to look for a place to hunt, the remainder trying to be optimistic and hoping the road will be finished.  He's surprised they wouldn't hold off until spring of next year to complete the northern section, knowing hunting season, fall foilage brings in money for the local businesses. I told him the federal government could care less about these mom-and-pop businesses. Now I'm waiting on the phone call if they can hunt the property I am hunting.....The answer will be NO!!!  

12 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Delaware Water Gap is not a National Park. And let's hope it never becomes one.

https://www.nonationalpark.org/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nonationalpark

Since AH critics are hanging on my every word Maybe this will enlighten you and them,  The Delaware Water Gap has been a National Park for many years, and The Stae Park sections along and on both sides of the Delaware may become a National Park as vast areas in PA already are,  The Worthington section. is State parks at least for now 

That House on the left with the red roof was family until it became a National Park Also had family NJ side Dingmans that they never got hold of YET.   Have you ever been there????

700339.jpg

download.jpg

Mt._Tammany_Trail_Map.webp.png

walpack-center_4-6786202_20230906111153.jpg

10 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Since AH critics are hanging on my every word Maybe this will enlighten you and them,  The Delaware Water Gap has been a National Park for many years, and The Stae Park sections along and on both sides of the Delaware may become a National Park as vast areas in PA already are,  The Worthington section. is State parks at least for now 

That House on the left with the red roof was family until it became a National Park Also had family NJ side Dingmans that they never got hold of YET.   Have you ever been there????

700339.jpg

download.jpg

Mt._Tammany_Trail_Map.webp.png

walpack-center_4-6786202_20230906111153.jpg

Love Walpack valley. The most beautiful area in Jersey. been hunting and fishing there since i was a kid. Great Memories there.

As for losing areas to Hunt and Fish Trap Hike  Bike Boat Camp. One road closure is minor in comparison to The 70.000-acre Delaware Water Gap, The 16,447 acre Stokes, and The 6,600 acre Worthington,  

Some areas do have restrictions but for the most part, are Open 

Just now, 1957Buck said:

As for losing areas to Hunt and Fish Trap Hike  Bike Boat Camp. One road closure is minor in comparison to The 70.000-acre Delaware Water Gap, The 16,447 acre Stokes, and The 6,600 acre Worthington,  

Some areas do have restrictions but for the most part, are Open 

thats what I told my friends.....look at maps for other areas find what you like and go take a walk

2 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

Love Walpack valley. The most beautiful area in Jersey. been hunting and fishing there since i was a kid. Great Memories there.

My Grandfather  & Father took me Hunting since 1952 along the Mountains of Stokes to Worthington, I guess my last  hunting trip was after my father passed, some 40 years ago, but have made many trips with family Camping Kayaking & Fishing and  driving on the roads of memories, 

The Wallpack Inn was an 8-stool bar with 3 tables & shuffleboard,  Best Birch Beer ever 

This house was very near the Inn  I sat on the porch many times as a Kid as the deer came running 

The Inn Carried on that tradition to this day. 

There is a member with a history of it all if still on. 

The Last photo I have posted before of hunting Walpack and my 1st Walpack deer About 1953 + - 

Stokes Deer .png

Cropped Hunter.jpg

19 minutes ago, BHC said:

thats what I told my friends.....look at maps for other areas find what you like and go take a walk

:agree:   My father and I hunted in many areas Small game and Deer  What is available and accessible is more than one could ask for,   And for the most part, few hunters since most are Road Hunters not willing to put in the time or energy. To them, it is Killing not Hunting 

I agree I started hunting the area when I was 10, and since then I've hunted it off/on as I was lucky enough to have private land, as I do now a few miles away. But the area of stokes, GAP, Worthington, and points in between is by far gorgeous