IGNORED

Beer fans….possible Molson Coors boycott

Bonefreak

15 minutes ago, JD48 said:

Give me an example of when I said unions are the only skilled tradesman., I worked construction in early 1970s, hardest working, highly skilled masons/ brick, block layers were the Portuguese. (non- union)

And they were the most imported exploited labor force till many began their own business. Downneck Newark was the home base for them they were nicknamed Pork Chops, But they were not involved in Heavy Construction, and if they did it was illegal under-the-table labor. 

And who is now the Hardest skilled building trade workforce following in their footsteps????   in all phases and every trade?   

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

5 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

And they were the most imported exploited labor force till many began their own business. Downneck Newark was the home base for them they were nicknamed Pork Chops, But they were not involved in Heavy Construction, and if they did it was illegal under-the-table labor. 

And who is now the Hardest skilled building trade workforce following in their footsteps????   in all phases and every trade?   

Pork chops yes, Jocoma Construction brought them in and housed them, maybe they had no choice but to work hard, but they were skilled, and drank wine at morning break time.

1 minute ago, JD48 said:

Pork chops yes, Jocoma Construction brought them in and housed them, maybe they had no choice but to work hard, but they were skilled, and drank wine at morning break time.

Was tons of Portuguese workers in construction .57 just is clueless .

many became heavy highway laborers, working for utility companies . Both electric and gas .

Henkels, Creamer , Napp Greco, Williams , still have many employed today ,that have been working for them pushing over 3 decades 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

many became heavy highway laborers, working for utility companies . Both electric and gas .

Henkels, Creamer , Napp Greco, Williams , still have many employed today ,that have been working for them pushing over 3 decades 

Yes clueless :tooth:  but the references were from  the 70s as the OP intended not what they became & get with it stop trying to :fishing:  I was in the middle of them in the 60s  down neck Niagra & Rome ST  mr clules :poke:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

5 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I’m married to a “chop” and I agree. My father-in-law is a retired Forman from laborers union and worked for half those companies . Like you said, there were a ton  of Portuguese in heavy construction. 

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

46 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Who is WE AH still ignoring past posts sad your feeble mind can not comprehend one post from another. 

Calling names Grow up, Go to the post with   ANY and you will find the answer 

You are definitely one special fruitcake. You go off topic, on topic, off again, on again. It’s like you’re fighting within yourself to find something to say

AWM

3 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Yes clueless :tooth:  but the references were from  the 70s as the OP intended not what they became & get with it stop trying to :fishing:  I was in the middle of them in the 60s  down neck Niagra & Rome ST  mr clules :poke:

I worked with many for over 40 years .

was also many in the painters locals .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

15 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

9 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

I’m married to a “chop” and I agree. My father-in-law is a retired Forman from laborers union and worked for half those companies . Like you said, there were a ton  of Portuguese in heavy construction. 

Portuguese labor is still the heart of heavy highway construction. 

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Some of the tastiest food I have eaten was cooked on sites over a 55 gallon burn barrel grill .

We had many improvised BBQs on the job by my Porkchop friends and it was some of the best BBQ on low budget I ever had

On 4/4/2024 at 6:22 PM, MGHunter66 said:

I won’t get into debate here on unions but I’ll point out two ramifications that most don’t see and whereas the public has no say…

First, prevailing wage is a result whereas the public has to pay more for a service (construction for example)than a contractor would normally charge due to inflated wage rate. Yet the public doesn’t necessarily receive the most skilled workers due to the fact the lowest responsive bidder has to be awarded the contract.

Second that cost has further increased by the labor unions getting into politicians pockets having them pass legislation to require an apprenticeship program. The contractor can opt out by giving a payoff to unions (pay to play) or adopting an apprenticeship program. Either way the burden ends up being paid by the public. 

Union and prevailing wage projects are usually 3-4 times the cost due to this. All public work is done in this manner whether it be parks, schools, municipalities and so on. If it were to be put on a ballot for vote it would be shot down by the taxpayers instantly. But that never will happen with the collusion between politicians and the Unions. 

Just my 2 cents, I deal with these type of prevailing wage bids and contracts every day and I laugh at the price they’re getting.

I deal with this every single day.  My company (construction) we do a lot of public work. schools being a large portion of that.  It’s a race to the bottom.  Lowest qualified bidder.  That being said we employ all local IBEW guys.  

they do a great job and most of the guys have been working for the company for a long time now.

since I do the bidding though it does make it harder to win jobs at some points when you factor in their hourly rate plus benefits package.  

it’s the way it’s gone for a long time now though and I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

3 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

You are definitely one special fruitcake. You go off topic, on topic, off again, on again. It’s like you’re fighting within yourself to find something to say

You are dealing with dementia or retardation. 

17 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I worked with many for over 40 years .

was also many in the painters locals .

Tha k the Lord for painters locals. Do unionized painters even exist anymore on jobs  aren't large projects like bridge painting, statehouse renovations etc.?

14 hours ago, Lunatic said:

We had many improvised BBQs on the job by my Porkchop friends and it was some of the best BBQ on low budget I ever had

I bet you can't wait for lunchtime the tacos nowadays