IGNORED

Beer fans….possible Molson Coors boycott

Bonefreak

8 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

I understand what you’re saying however it is not accurate in all aspects. Many jobs don’t require a huge pool of men but still fall under the prevailing wage requirements and apprenticeship requirement. You can not get a public works certificate without proof of apprenticeship program or union pay off. Furthermore anything costing over $4000 requires this and that number of $4000 includes aggregation whereas a “type of work” creates that number not even one contractor. 

OK ,What is your point of that statement? 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

17 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

I understand what you’re saying however it is not accurate in all aspects. Many jobs don’t require a huge pool of men but still fall under the prevailing wage requirements and apprenticeship requirement. You can not get a public works certificate without proof of apprenticeship program or union pay off. Furthermore anything costing over $4000 requires this and that number of $4000 includes aggregation whereas a “type of work” creates that number not even one contractor. 

Nj now makes ANY person doing electrical work in the state get either an individual apprenticeship license or a JW license .

The requirement imposed by the state had nothing to do with us .

and we are also required to get it .

it was a money grab by the state claiming to be about public Safty that those doing the work are actually trained , and not just pulling x wire from orange dot to orange dot .

yet they still have no idea how they can actually enforce it 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

7 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Nj now makes ANY person doing electrical work in the state get either an individual apprenticeship license or a JW license .

it was a money grab by the state claiming to be about public Safty that those doing the work are actually trained , and not just pulling x wire from orange dot to orange dot .

NJ  ANY person Homeowner can do  ( allowed ) to do their electrical work with a permit and inspections.  Plumbing included.  

Edited by 1957Buck

11 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

NJ  ANY person Homeowner can do  ( allowed ) to do their electrical work with a permit and inspections.  Plumbing included.  

Would you try and talk about things you actually understand . 

The whole discussion here is about a for hire work force .

I was brought up to try and respect my elders , but you make that really tough 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

For the union haters, if there weren't bad employers, unions wouldn't have been created., read up on the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory, 146 people killed in a fire, mostly women and children, locked in the factory while the owners fled.

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Would you try and talk about things you actually understand . 

The whole discussion here is about a for hire work force .

I was brought up to try and respect my elders , but you make that really tough 

Better go back and review it turned to Unions Fast and Aprenticships,   the pros and cons sad facts are presented but closed minds just fail to understand so they resort to Bashing, :focus:

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I am not only talking about electrical work, it affects trades that do not require licenses like roofing, etc. 

AWM

2 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

We’re not talking about that, try to keep up for what you wrote has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about, dummy up already 

AWM

3 hours ago, DV1 said:

I know we beat this to death a few years ago but I couldn't resist this at the moment. I'm not anti-Union by the way, at least not totally. I believe the cons of them slightly outweigh the pros. Don't want to see them go away, but they more often make things worse for a greater number of people than they make things better for.

Have a nice day professor.

Thanks, Chief. Yeah, I used to think the same. I've been in a few lousy unions. And the union types who get all bent out of shape as of they're saving the world via union politics bug me. But based on experience described and a view of their overall role in benchmarking decent wages throws them into pro side for me...plus fact that there is very little alternative protection against the 1% for most of us today

1 hour ago, JD48 said:

For the union haters, if there weren't bad employers, unions wouldn't have been created., read up on the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory, 146 people killed in a fire, mostly women and children, locked in the factory while the owners fled.

Who is bashing unions? We are simply conversing the pros/cons/affects on workforce and tax payers. You always act like unions are the only “skilled tradesman”. I’ve seen union brick layers that couldn’t lay a brick to a line and carpenters that couldn’t hang a friggin door. SMH

AWM

46 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Who is bashing unions? We are simply conversing the pros/cons/affects on workforce and tax payers. You always act like unions are the only “skilled tradesman”. I’ve seen union brick layers that couldn’t lay a brick to a line and carpenters that couldn’t hang a friggin door. SMH

Lunatic, Troutandbucks

51 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

We’re not talking about that, try to keep up for what you wrote has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about, dummy up already 

Who is WE AH still ignoring past posts sad your feeble mind can not comprehend one post from another. 

Calling names Grow up, Go to the post with   ANY and you will find the answer 

5 minutes ago, JD48 said:

Lunatic, Troutandbucks

Hopeless ignorants add  mghunter66 to the pile of elitists'- know-alls when confronted with opinions or printed facts they resort to putdowns and name-calling.  

55 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Give me an example of when I said unions are the only skilled tradesman., I worked construction in early 1970s, hardest working, highly skilled masons/ brick, block layers were the Portuguese. (non- union)