IGNORED

Beretta A300 Turkey

Rjtfd

Looked at a Beretta A300 turkey gun today and really like how it felt. I was looking for a stoeger M3020 but no one had any in stock local. 
Does anyone have any input on the A300 in 20ga?

Little more than I want to spend but it really felt nice all around. 

Edited by Rjtfd

I can't say anything about the 20ga - don't have that one - but I have the A300 in 12ga (the original basic black synthetic, they didn't have the turkey version back when I bought it about 9 years ago). It was good, not great.

A minor nit but the first year the front bead came out; lost it. Beretta sent me a new one no problem. It's a gas gun so it does get dirty and needs some TLC every now and then to clean it. Around year 4 or 5, I was getting some failures (can't remember, F2E I think) - more failures than I was willing to tolerate. (No, never took it to a gunsmith. No idea what the issue is/was). It's my backup shotgun now. But I wouldn't have a problem taking it out if I needed to, though.

Can’t comment on the 20 ga but I researched several turkey guns before settling on a 12 ga Beretta A300 turkey model.  Wanted an A400 but it didn’t come in a 24” barrel.  Ordered it from Jim Flynn a month ago.  Best price I found and Beretta offered a $75 rebate. Gun is well made and fits me nicely.   Only issue I had was the gun initially didn’t cycle light loads.  Several friends experienced the same issue.  Beretta customer service told me to shoot a few boxes of 1 1/8  oz shot to break the gun in.  I did and the gun cycles fine.  Good luck on whatever you decide. 

12 minutes ago, Merkel said:

Evidently it’s unique to the A300 but not the A400. 

I have a A302 and occasionally have this issue. I just cleaned it really good inside the gas ports but haven’t tried it since? Not sure if that was the issue or the load?

27 minutes ago, BHC said:

have you considered other brands?

I have but have not found many in stock. I started with the Mossberg 500 than moved on to the stoeger M3020. Yesterday I picked up the beretta and I really liked the way it felt in my hands. I’ve only gone to Cheyenne and SC arms. Going to take ride to heritage and see what they have. I don’t want to order anything unseen until I actually put one in my hands. I want for dedicated turkey so wasn’t looking to break the bank but the beretta I’m thinking for few dollars more and different chokes I may get more use out of it. Plus I can always go with a 28” barrel if I wanted longer. 

• 4 weeks later...