IGNORED

Beretta A300 Turkey

Rjtfd

8 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

I just checked. It’s not for the ultima. Thanks

Must have expired. I bought my A300 Ultima in January. Received my $75 yesterday….. 

18 minutes ago, Merkel said:

Must have expired. I bought my A300 Ultima in January. Received my $75 yesterday….. 

I misread it its not for the ultima sporting doesnt mention ultima turkey. I just submitted mine thank you for the heads up much appreciated.

Now it’s time to see what works best. Good thing for YouTube cause they pretty much narrowed it down for me. Planning on the LB #6 from all reviews but I’ll try the other two and confirm for myself. 

IMG_2156.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

Now it’s time to see what works best. Good thing for YouTube cause they pretty much narrowed it down for me. Planning on the LB #6 from all reviews but I’ll try the other two and confirm for myself. 

IMG_2156.jpeg

Wonder why the #6, 1 1/4 oz is 185 fps slower than the #5, 1 1/4 oz of shot? :hmmmer:

1 minute ago, Rjtfd said:

Buffer mixed in

Ok, I may understand. #5 shot leaves more room for buffer than #6. But, they both weigh 1 1/4 oz. Isn't that the determining factor in speed? 

18 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Ok, I may understand. #5 shot leaves more room for buffer than #6. But, they both weigh 1 1/4 oz. Isn't that the determining factor in speed? 

Different wad, buffer and powder blends.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

18 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I’m no engineer in making bullets that’s my guess why. 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:22 PM, Rjtfd said:

Looked at a Beretta A300 turkey gun today and really like how it felt. I was looking for a stoeger M3020 but no one had any in stock local. 
Does anyone have any input on the A300 in 20ga?

Little more than I want to spend but it really felt nice all around. 

I switched over to a Remington 870 Youth model and am glad I did the older I get the more I appreciate a lighter gun for making those long walks. I am a die hard Remington Fan and got to say they are not pretty but they are work horses and can be dissembled and reassembled by any dummy.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

5 minutes ago, bushden said:

I switched over to a Remington 870 Youth model and am glad I did the older I get the more I appreciate a lighter gun for making those long walks. I am a die hard Remington Fan and got to say they are not pretty but they are work horses and can be dissembled and reassembled by any dummy.

I have an 1187 premier from early 90s or late 80s and just bought a Remington sportsman 58 in 16 guage fromm 1958 gun is awsome.  I will not buy bew Remington firearms

2 hours ago, Rjtfd said:

I’m no engineer in making bullets that’s my guess why. 

They’re different loads.  The size 6 shot load is the Longbeard load.  In the longbeard load the shot is suspended in a hard resin which breaks apart when fired.  I’m guessing the additional weight of that resin causes the decrease in velocity.   

IMG_0639.jpeg