IGNORED

Dog got bit by something any ideas...

NJNewbie

My family live near Madison nj. My dog has been staying with them and they have about 2 to 3 acres of woods behind the house, although its a pretty suburban neighborhood, its not very far from the great swamp. 

Anyways, my dog is 50% German Shepard, some Rottweiler, weihmer heimer and a little beagle. Hes about 65lbs looks like a German Shepard with floppy ears and regularly frightens people who come over, lol. 

At night he patrols the back yard a couple times a night, he has an electric fencing spanning the property but he will occasionally run the fence and my neighbors will spot him around the neighborhood(he always comes back).

About a week ago he was outside at night and when he came back we noticed he had a pretty big hole on his from leg. I took him to the vet and after shaving the leg you can see its clearly a bite mark with two smaller holes on the opposite side. The vet said he had never seen anything like this before especially on a bigger dog unless they had gotten into a dog fight. His guess was coyote, but we dont have a lot of them around the area, if we do ive never definitively  seen or heard one. We have a ton of foxes in the back but again hes much bigger than a fox. Any ideas?