IGNORED

Cell Cameras for 2024

Gman

I only have 2, one being the top of the line RECONYX HYPERFIRE 2, the other being a Tactacam Reveal X Gen2. 

Both very easy to set up, and while I give the Reconyx a very slight edge in ability to capture and slightly better HD pics, it's not worth $450 better!  

I have had no issues with the Reveal running external 12V, same as I run on Reconyx.   

Reconyx is made in USA and supported in Wisconsin.   A plus but again - at $600. Seeing how good this reveal has been I would not have gotten Reconyx in the first place to be perfectly honest. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

50 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I only have 2, one being the top of the line RECONYX HYPERFIRE 2, the other being a Tactacam Reveal X Gen2. 

Both very easy to set up, and while I give the Reconyx a very slight edge in ability to capture and slightly better HD pics, it's not worth $450 better!  

I have had no issues with the Reveal running external 12V, same as I run on Reconyx.   

Reconyx is made in USA and supported in Wisconsin.   A plus but again - at $600. Seeing how good this reveal has been I would not have gotten Reconyx in the first place to be perfectly honest. 

For 600 bucks you can buy a lot of cheaper cams and watch many areas instead of one thirty yard spot 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 minutes ago, Bojaffa said:

Yeah but 600 dollars is very impressive. 

Yeah but 600 dollars is very impressive. 

But also might be why he hasn’t seen a mature buck to hunt lol.

they are spending time in the others 99.99% of his wood lot 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

3 hours ago, LPJR said:

You are going to get many opinions on some excellent cell cams on here. 

IMO-The BEST that has worked flawlessly (for me this past fall) is the Moultrie Edge. One tip I learned is I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER LITHIUM AA battery again.  The wasted $$ in the past was insane.

The attached HME solar panel has been a game changer. Been at 100% since the Edge was deployed in early fall of this year. 

LPJR, 

I'm interested in the Edge, it's one of the cheapest of the bunch, do you need to purchase the rechargeable battery pack in order to use the solar? I assume yes and that adds $$.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Gman said:

LPJR, 

I'm interested in the Edge, it's one of the cheapest of the bunch, do you need to purchase the rechargeable battery pack in order to use the solar? I assume yes and that adds $$.

Thanks!

Negative. The solar panel uses its internal lithium battery that charges itself. The input/plug comes with the unit also has several pieces to fit several different brands of cameras (if need be). 

The separate SME unit has paid for itself 10x's over, hence why I will never buy another lithium "AA" battery again. 

Hope this helps @Gman.

Edited by LPJR

7 hours ago, Gman said:

Hi all, I'm sure this has been discussed at length but I haven't been paying attention. 

Any recommendations for a good cellular camera, I've done some research and seems like  the 
TACTACAM Reveal X Gen 2.0 LTE Cellular Trail Camera is the highest rated.

Anyone have this camera, would like to hear some real life experiences?  Other recommended cams?

Happy new year! 

Great camera. Any camera they make is top quality. American made and the company is in this country. If you ever have an issue. They answer the phone and help you and it’s not sent to some idiots over seas. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

19 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Great camera. Any camera they make is top quality. American made and the company is in this country. If you ever have an issue. They answer the phone and help you and it’s not sent to some idiots over seas. 

What state is China in ?????????????

IMG_2802.jpeg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

All these different opinions on cell cams it's hard to make a decision/investment in a camera without seeing daytime pics and video and also nighttime pics and video. 

Some of these cams take a decent daytime still shot of an animal not moving but after dark they are worthless with over exposed pics or blurry pics when a bucks moving its head. 

A fair review should include pics

www.liftxrentals.com

20 hours ago, LPJR said:

IMO-The BEST that has worked flawlessly (for me this past fall) is the Moultrie Edge. One tip I learned is I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER LITHIUM AA battery again.  The wasted $$ in the past was insane.

The attached HME solar panel has been a game changer. Been at 100% since the Edge was deployed in early fall of this year. 

LPJr,  I took your advice, the Moultree Edge Pro's were 50% off so I went with it.  Thank you for your help!!