IGNORED

Don't need no stinking stocking day

vdep217

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to Don't need no stinking stocking day

The last 2 Scheduled Pheasant  Releases at Sterling Forest State Park in NY Did not go according  to plan.  You have to write in Months ahead of time to hopefully  get the Release dates from the Manager.  

So back in November, I was at a designated release area along with another Pheasant Hunter and a Sterling Forest Field employee with his Truck ready to get loaded with Pheasants. 

And all 3 of us waited and waited . For almost 90 minutes.  Finally the Sterling Forest employee  made a call to the head Pheasant Releaser .

Oh-- I forgot to call you. No Birds are going out today.  

Of course,I went in anyway for 1 hour.  Last Release of the year was going to be Dec 4th. I was right there at the appointed  time. And waited and waited.

Finally,I walked on in anyway. Both these release days were Sunny and calm.   

I still think you guys in New Jersey have the better Pheasant  Release Schedule then New York does.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

14 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

The last 2 Scheduled Pheasant  Releases at Sterling Forest State Park in NY Did not go according  to plan.  You have to write in Months ahead of time to hopefully  get the Release dates from the Manager.  

So back in November, I was at a designated release area along with another Pheasant Hunter and a Sterling Forest Field employee with his Truck ready to get loaded with Pheasants. 

And all 3 of us waited and waited . For almost 90 minutes.  Finally the Sterling Forest employee  made a call to the head Pheasant Releaser .

Oh-- I forgot to call you. No Birds are going out today.  

Of course,I went in anyway for 1 hour.  Last Release of the year was going to be Dec 4th. I was right there at the appointed  time. And waited and waited.

Finally,I walked on in anyway. Both these release days were Sunny and calm.   

I still think you guys in New Jersey have the better Pheasant  Release Schedule then New York does.

I wish nj would do a know sat stocking and the other 2 random 

43 minutes ago, splitrockoutdoors said:

Is it difficult to get pheasants on non stocking days with a dog?  The only experience I have is with a guide at a preserve.

I would imagine the non stocking days would be much more enjoyable with less people

Not to difficult.  There was no one else out today that I ran into