IGNORED

Tactacam Reveal Question

FeniQuest217

Been very happy with this cam. Though i noticed something adn was wondering if anyone had anyhting similar.

I have my cam set to deliver twice a day. The times selected are 3am, and 2pm. It appears to communicate at the 3am pretty much everytime but on occassion itll go passed the 2PM and the status will say the last communication was x amount of hrs ago.

Anyone else have something similar like this happen?

2 hours ago, Russ 11 said:

I think twice a day means every 12 hours . So would be 3 a.m. and then again at 3 p.m.   

You can set whatever two times you want the camera to send your pictures. Doesn’t have to be every 12 hours.   I have had them lag when sending also a couple of times. Probably just a delay on their end. 

"think how dumb the average person is, then remember half of them are dumber than that"

27 minutes ago, Yobuck293 said:

You can set whatever two times you want the camera to send your pictures. Doesn’t have to be every 12 hours.   I have had them lag when sending also a couple of times. Probably just a delay on their end. 

Thanks , just learned something new . Mine are all set on instant . 

2 hours ago, FeniQuest217 said:

Just spoke with support - the check in times for the cam are different then the send photo time. I thought that they were the same thing like on my spypoints its the same time so if theres pics they get sent at the time, but the check in time is just signal purposes

Didn’t realize you were talking check in times. They will happen pretty consistent time wise but you don’t select that time you only set your transfer times for photos taken between time frames. 

AWM

15 hours ago, BHC said:

you can have them set at whatever times you like, if at the send time there is a large amount to send and there is any type of interruption in sending it can lock the camera up, it has happened to mine in the summer months when there is a thick canopy 

Yeah i dont leave mine up all year anymore. I usually take them down in january now. But i'm up there in August. Definitely noticed the "canopy effect" with my spypoints which is why im dropping them among other reasons.

12 minutes ago, FeniQuest217 said:

Yeah i dont leave mine up all year anymore. I usually take them down in january now. But i'm up there in August. Definitely noticed the "canopy effect" with my spypoints which is why im dropping them among other reasons.

All my spypoints have the current firmware .

knock on wood , they have been absolutely trouble free since that update .

running a bunch of them as pinch point cameras.   Being in the 99$ insiders club I get 250 pics from those cams for free monthly .

My reveals get nothing for free .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, Mallard1100 said:

I am new to these cell cams. I found a high ridge that gets service in the Adirondacks I think would be a cool place to run one. Are these tactacams the most popular? Any other worth while recommendations? 

I’ve used Spypoint and Tactacam. Spypoints trigger is quicker but Tactacams connectivity is way better. Tactacam has better set up and format features for the card too. If your first one pick the Tactacam for sure

AWM

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

Tactacam in my opinion is the best value in cell cams......make sure to use the proper SD Card

I feel the exact same way. Literally so happy with them for what i pay.

I know there are others out there that are good but for the price best bang for your buck absolutely