IGNORED

Tactacam Reveal Question

FeniQuest217

1 hour ago, Mallard1100 said:

I am new to these cell cams. I found a high ridge that gets service in the Adirondacks I think would be a cool place to run one. Are these tactacams the most popular? Any other worth while recommendations? 

I am actually selling 2 of my spypoints. They lose connectivity in the area too much for my liking. The thing is i wouldn't mind if i lived closer bc all cams will still take pictures as long as they have battery life - they just wont send to you if connection is lost.

For two years the tactacam connectivity has been better than both spypoints in the same area. The trigger speed thing - possibly. Spypoint is the cheapest plan out there without question. Some people love the spypoints - honestly the do the job but i live far from the spot i set them and Im tired of losing signal.

2 hours ago, Mallard1100 said:

I am new to these cell cams. I found a high ridge that gets service in the Adirondacks I think would be a cool place to run one. Are these tactacams the most popular? Any other worth while recommendations? 

Any specific model you recommend or do they mainly sell the one cell cam model only?

1 hour ago, Mallard1100 said:

Any specific model you recommend or do they mainly sell the one cell cam model only?

Tactacam has multiple different models - at this juncture in 2023 - everything coming out cams are being fitted with higher megapixels. The spypoints i was using at i think 10 megapixel, but the HD pics were so awesome so i mean you're really not losing anything there. Everything now has like 12 MP or more.

What you should do is read about the features each cam you're considering have and compare. Do you want to receive videos? I don't choose this method bc its a battery killer. I let it store on my SD card. 

You also want to view the plans. Someone mentioned Spypoint - they have the cheapest plan. 100$ annually gets 250 photos a month or whatever.  All plans vary. 

I can tell you also to absolutely invest in the rechargeable lithium battery packs if your cam has them- pretty sure they all do. And also get python cable locks. Unfortunately people like to steal them.

2 hours ago, Mallard1100 said:

For an example The reveal x pro i jsut got has 16MP and the Reveal XB has 24MP. The reveal x Pro claims to have a high flash range of 96 ft to the XB that has an 80 ft range.

There's plenty of other cam posts that recommend different companies. 

Tactacam has a strong following.

Moultrie is another one - my buddy i hunt with uses them and he loves them and they're working great.

Some on here use Spartan - which are expensive but theyre sick.

As i said in my other post - youre really comparing megapixels and features when it comes to the model you want to select. I recommend watching some YouTubes on reviews of them. But everyone on here helped me get mine - I'm with Tactacam and i love them

5 minutes ago, BHC said:

Anything over 12 mp on trail cams is BS its a marketing tool.

the ones they sell now all claim they're fitted with higher. I bought the reveal X 2.0 bc i didnt feel the XB at 160$ was necessary. The HD on my spypoints were perfect and honestly the regular pics werent even that bad and theyre 10MP. Wish someone would buy them off me ugh