IGNORED

THE JERSEY DEBATE

EJ162

4 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Yes, but what does that have to do with Taylor Ham? 

The original packaging is obsolete.  You weren't eating it before 1906 (or maybe you were? :eek:  :rofl: )

Because it is not technically ham, Taylor Ham got a name change to “pork roll” in 1906 when the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 went into effect. Although its inventor, John Taylor, tried to trademark the name “Pork Roll,” he was denied in 1910, and competitors began popping up from there on out.

It's not ham, it's no longer Taylor ham because it was never ham and couldn't be labeled as ham.  It's pork roll, always has been and officially named so in 1906!

fun i win GIF by The Original Donut Shop Coffee

18 minutes ago, EJ162 said:

No one south of "The Bridge" knows...

It's TAYLOR HAM.Screenshot_20230919-105711_Google.thumb.jpg.284c075d32a9b8229ae2903e572a8dba.jpg

You ignored what I wrote.  It isn't ham. So you are eating something that you claim is called ham (and was deemed not to be in 1906) but is actually pork roll.  It hasn't been Taylor Ham since 1906.  There's nothing about calling it Taylor Ham that is remotely accurate, then or now.  :)

9 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

You ignored what I wrote.  It isn't ham. So you are eating something that you claim is called ham (and was deemed not to be in 1906) but is actually pork roll.  It hasn't been Taylor Ham since 1906.  There's nothing about calling it Taylor Ham that is remotely accurate, then or now.  :)

Everyone that says “tHat’S wHat’s oN tHe PacKagE” was never alive, nor were their parents even alive when it was called “ham”. This obsession with the original packaging, FROM 1906!, is silly. Since I already got everyone riled up, anything above Atlantic County is North Jersey :rofl:

Edited by the truth