IGNORED

How to avoid CRAMPS… ???

I was getting really bad leg cramps in the middle of the night. Cardiologist told me to hydrate and drink a little tonic water / quinine.  I have been drinking a gallon of water a day for past few years but I started drinking tonic water before bed and so far so good.  Good luck. 

Thanks to everyone for all their input..

I start my morning with a protein shake mixed with some vanilla ice cream, and a banana to have something solid in my belly. Which I consider to be a light breakfast… 

for some reason I was craving salt yesterday so I had my wife make me a salad, oil lemon and heavy on the salt.

I carry a large cooler with water, ice tea, and gatorlyte a newer version but I guess it was a long week and with all the sweating going on it caught up with me

gonna look for a good multivitamin and go with what JCOL6268 recommended LMNT

high sodium & funny thing my body was craving it

THANKS

8 hours ago, Monster Marine said:

Thanks to everyone for all their input..

I start my morning with a protein shake mixed with some vanilla ice cream, and a banana to have something solid in my belly. Which I consider to be a light breakfast… 

for some reason I was craving salt yesterday so I had my wife make me a salad, oil lemon and heavy on the salt.

I carry a large cooler with water, ice tea, and gatorlyte a newer version but I guess it was a long week and with all the sweating going on it caught up with me

gonna look for a good multivitamin and go with what JCOL6268 recommended LMNT

high sodium & funny thing my body was craving it

THANKS

Too much salt will dehydrate you more if you are not drinking enough water. Loose the salt.

I've been rehabbing and recovering from disk replacement surgery; all is going well but by day's end I have been cramping up in my upper back and my triceps (body adjusting to new biomechanics).  No pills here, just hydration, and supplements already mentioned here, and I use a TENs unit.  The unit is amazing for relaxing the muscles and improving blood flow to the area.  After 10 minutes my muscles are relaxed and the cramping goes away.  $30 on Amazon, amazing therapy for any muscles that ails you. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C4ZXMR3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

14 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I don’t know how they changed and what is missing now but it was always loaded with sugar!!! No god for any reason there are much better alternatives 

I think they just have so many different kinds it's impossible to know which is right lol. Carli Loyd is a customer of mine and know when she played they would have her workout and monitor it and then give her Gatorade and try to improve performance so there's gotta be one designed for replenishment.  They need all the other flavors just to keep market share probably 

4 hours ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

I've been rehabbing and recovering from disk replacement surgery; all is going well but by day's end I have been cramping up in my upper back and my triceps (body adjusting to new biomechanics).  No pills here, just hydration, and supplements already mentioned here, and I use a TENs unit.  The unit is amazing for relaxing the muscles and improving blood flow to the area.  After 10 minutes my muscles are relaxed and the cramping goes away.  $30 on Amazon, amazing therapy for any muscles that ails you. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C4ZXMR3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Looks like a game changer I will be ordering it..

ORDERED!!!!

Edited by Monster Marine

3 hours ago, Booner said:

I hate to bring up the obvious  but you guys are going in the wrong direction with this. 

If you want to avoid cramps and the uncomfortable feeling it brings just sleep in the spare bedroom for a week or so

Funny s*** right there what if you have three teenage girls.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

3 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

There's no avoiding it then!!! Maybe try yelling at yourself!! They'll be too puzzled to lash out at you lol.

Go to your time out room.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt