IGNORED

2015-16 trapping photos

rgw

I was doing ok untill I dropped my normal line and set a new farm 3 days ago, I have pulled blanks the last 2 days, but the majority of that line is set for yotes so it is just a waiting game now. put a couple fox sets in today

Edited by rgw

I was doing ok untill I dropped my normal line and set a new farm 3 days ago, I have pulled blanks the last 2 days, but the majority of that line is set for yotes so it is just a waiting game now. put a couple fox sets in today

Tonight is your night

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

IMG_0456_zpstdwy05er.jpg

IMG_0457_zpsozptcggj.jpg

Untitled%202_zpssxbjubh5.jpg

they ran last night.

4 DP's set. 3 coon

sweet, fish pellet, Redneck's Pride scents, banana, flower shop, purple passion. 

skinned and hanging in the barn.

flesh and board tomorrow. 

Edited by ub1243

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association

that sucks for the guys trapping this year and prices/fur are not good. is it possible, come march or april the prices could re bound and be somewhat decent? or are prices, for the most part set before the season the opens? 

on the other hand, i will be looking for the masks and tails of fur bearers for fly tying. if any trappers are looking to sell, let me know. i would not know how that pricing would work but, we can work that out. if any of you guys get a pelt that is not of quality for selling let me know. i will except anything legal of course. especially, muskrat, fox, raccoon, mink, and skunk. 

what part of the state are you in?

i have sold to fly tyers before.

black rats, brown rats, summer road kill mink.

just fair market value of the pelt.

the market can fluctuate many times during the season. normally based off the last auction results. 

i do not think the coon prices will go up this season. political issues got us in the place we are now. 800,000 unsold pelts now. there is no demand for more. 

we don't do it for the money anyway, but covering expenses this year will be tough. 

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association

ub i am in somerset county. i believe you are to south and i would not travel for fly tying material. thank you anyway. 800,000 pelts unsold? unreal. i know you guys do not do it for the money. i was a trapper too and never did it for the money.  i trapped because i love it. cant trap anymore because of my job. i cant guarantee i can check traps every day so i don't do it it anymore. best of luck this season 

bt bowhunter. i will definitely take the mink as well as a couple fox. like i said i only use the mask and tails. pm me for prices.