IGNORED

Cynthia- Just A Bad Break..

Since May 3rd,I have been focused on Good Friend Cynthia.  I took a 14lb Jake on May 2nd to get on Board on May 2nd.

On May 5th,I called up a huge Gobbler for Cynthia.  I was 20 yards behind her position.

BOOM! She connected solidly on that Gobblers Neck. Unfortunately no Neck Vertebrae were broke as that Gobbler flew. Wings hitting upper Branches. Right over my position.

Then THUD! 

I Was back in the open Hardwoods in seconds. With whatever  was left in that Gobblers legs and a burst of Adrenaline- he his himself good.

We searched and searched. For a good 1 hour + 15 minutes. I lined up the Gobblers flight path with the nearby heavy THUD.

And never found him. Being a lifelong Pheasant Hunter since 1974,I have found countless Dead Pheasants in the fields,wetlands, brushy hardwoods.

This has happened  to me as well in the past.  

Today- May 7th will be my 5th day focused on Cynthia up here in New York. I heard 3 in a certain area yesterday  and will be there this morning.    2.33am here- time to get ready. Pic of Cynthia below. She has killed a bunch of Deer sitting in front of Trees and in her 4th Spring of Turkey Hunting. She has 3 Killed including her 26.1 lber last Spring.

20230506_063921.jpg

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

3 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Since May 3rd,I have been focused on Good Friend Cynthia.  I took a 14lb Jake on May 2nd to get on Board on May 2nd.

On May 5th,I called up a huge Gobbler for Cynthia.  I was 20 yards behind her position.

BOOM! She connected solidly on that Gobblers Neck. Unfortunately no Neck Vertebrae were broke as that Gobbler flew. Wings hitting upper Branches. Right over my position.

Then THUD! 

I Was back in the open Hardwoods in seconds. With whatever  was left in that Gobblers legs and a burst of Adrenaline- he his himself good.

We searched and searched. For a good 1 hour + 15 minutes. I lined up the Gobblers flight path with the nearby heavy THUD.

And never found him. Being a lifelong Pheasant Hunter since 1974,I have found countless Dead Pheasants in the fields,wetlands, brushy hardwoods.

This has happened  to me as well in the past.  

Today- May 7th will be my 5th day focused on Cynthia up here in New York. I heard 3 in a certain area yesterday  and will be there this morning.    2.33am here- time to get ready. Pic of Cynthia below. She has killed a bunch of Deer sitting in front of Trees and in her 4th Spring of Turkey Hunting. She has 3 Killed including her 26.1 lber last Spring.

20230506_063921.jpg

Hope it all works out, good luck

3 hours ago, ratherbhunting said:

Good luck

No Gobbling in New York today. Cynthia and,I walked close to 5 Miles. 

My 12th day out and 1st with a Quiet  Morning. I won't go for my 2nd NY TOM until She gets one. That is what good friends are for.

43 minutes ago, overtimehunter said:

I would loose what ever is red on her back, some Jackwagon sneaking in on calling. May take a snap shot at any movement he thinks is a bird .  I don’t even use blue chalk.

That is the New York Hunting License. It is Orange this year.

The Gobbler was coming straight towards Cynthia from the Front looking for me 20 yards behind her and Calling. 

She Knocked him down End over End.  Just a bad break.