IGNORED

Trout stocking

bucky

I work close to a section of the South Branch I take ride at lunch and watch them stock. The last two stockings were dismal, 4 light nets off of each stop, not many large fish in the mix, one around 20", 5 between 15 and 17" in  two weeks . Most years 2 or 3 big breeders are stocked at each location by the 3rd week, hopefully they have some  left :hmmmer:

9 minutes ago, bucky said:

I work close to a section of the South Branch I take ride at lunch and watch them stock. The last two stockings were dismal, 4 light nets off of each stop, not many large fish in the mix, one around 20", 5 between 15 and 17" in  two weeks . Most years 2 or 3 big breeders are stocked at each location by the 3rd week, hopefully they have some  left :hmmmer:

Was good in my little town today.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

My daughter and I went fishing yesterday on the SB , she caught one and I caught two . There were only two other guys fishing the same 1/4 mile stretch that didnt catch nothing, it appears every one has given up already

8 hours ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

I fished some Pennsy streams yesterday with a buddy..we caught some really nice fish smallest was 17 inches..goldens,tigers,browns and rainbows..nj is a waate of time anymore.

Just curious , doe's the penny's stream's and rivers get crowded like jersey ?

8 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Stocked Pequest trout are like Doritos, they’ll just make more. 

Nothing has changed with the stockings. The 2-3 year old broodstock gets distributed throughout the stocking season. It may not be every week at any given stocking location. 

Most years the breeders are in by the third week, after that its all cookie cutters

22 hours ago, bucky said:

I happen to be at schadlers sand wash when they stocked it last week and I thought the exact opposite. Big boy after big boy it looked like. Limited out next 2 days all solid trout 12-13 inch. 

16 hours ago, bucky said:

Most years the breeders are in by the third week, after that its all cookie cutters

That has not been what we have seen when running the transfer truck for the Musky stockings.  And before furunculosis hit Pequest, they would start with stocking brook trout for pre-season, then switch to rainbows, and finally switch to browns.   

• 2 weeks later...