IGNORED

Play Ball! MLB season Begins

Batsto

4 hours ago, not on the rug said:

It feels American.   Lazy overpaid losers who couldn't play any other sport. 

I always love that one.  "You just don't understand it.  It's nuanced."  I understand the game very well.  I just don't respect it or enjoy it.  And before you say "I'd like to see you hit a ball" I'll retort with I'd like to see any one of those sissys strap on some skates or put on some lax gear or football gear or try a wrestling match or mma fight.  

That right there is funny.  :rofl:

Hunting is far more exciting than baseball though.  

Yea, you like those sports being on the mat with some guy's crotch in your face.lol

59 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

Yea, you like those sports being on the mat with some guy's crotch in your face.lol

Combat is the purest sport.  Wrestling,  boxing, martial arts, etc.  Just you vs your opponent.  

If you can chew bubble gum, drink beer, eat hot dogs and be the greatest "athlete" to ever play the game, is it really a sport?

Baseball is obviously America's pastime.  Just look at it. It moves slowly enough for the dummies to comprehend the "nuances," you can drink beer and eat snacks while you play, and you get to sit down and rest every few minutes.   Look, I like parlor games too.  I enjoy darts, pool, cornhole and poker.  They aren't sports though and I sure as shit don't waste my time watching them on tv or paying money to watch in person.  

23 minutes ago, Batsto said:

Hitting a baseball is not easy . It may be the toughest thing to do well in all of sports. 

Hitting a baseball is a skill, and yes it is challenging indeed.  There are many challenging skills involved in most sports and games though.   

7 minutes ago, LittleM said:

Like Nascar.  Round and round we go. 

I don't get Nascar or Nascar fans either.  Most Nascar fans I know don't even like other motorsports like F1, GT or motorcycle racing.  Those types of racing incorporate more skill and are far more exciting than driving in a circle.  

11 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

The only sport more boring that baseball is golf.

id rather watch grass grow.

Depends where you grew up I guess, started both at the age of 11, I have done both with pros till age 17 then I discovered sex and drugs and rock and roll.

Now I just watch the grass grow.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt