IGNORED

The Benefits of Eggs!

Batsto

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

Serum cholesterol has virtually nothing to do with the consumption of dietary cholesterol.  

That is interesting.  I will read the article, but I had cholesterol levels in the mid 220's and meds brought it down to 150 +/-.  Then I stopped the meds, ate a 100 percent vegetarian diet for 3 years and my levels dropped into the 140's.  I also exercised a lot and dropped 50 pounds.  The change in diet had no correlation to the cholesterol levels?

11 minutes ago, LittleM said:

That is interesting.  I will read the article, but I had cholesterol levels in the mid 220's and meds brought it down to 150 +/-.  Then I stopped the meds, ate a 100 percent vegetarian diet for 3 years and my levels dropped into the 140's.  I also exercised a lot and dropped 50 pounds.  The change in diet had no correlation to the cholesterol levels?

I bet dropping the weight did it.

54 minutes ago, LittleM said:

Here's another interesting tidbit.  "High" cholesterol has almost no correlation with cardiac events.  Cholesterol ratios and particle type is what is important.   Triglycerides too, although carbs are what primary drive up trigs, but that's a different conversation.   Inflammation is the true monster.   Seed oils and hydrogenated oils are the devil too.  

Your levels most likely improved from the weight loss and increased exercise.  

1 hour ago, LittleM said:

You should never be on meds with cholesterol at 220. Losing weight did the trick. 
cholesterol medication is poison. 

2 eggs and egg white out of a carton for extra filler, add hot sauce. But on the first day of Lent and Good Friday no eggs or if I'm the opener at work

Edited by hostak126

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff