IGNORED

Thoughts and prayers for Big John!

BowhunterNJ

• 4 weeks later...

Update!  Big John is on the mend and posted on FB yesterday!  Great to see him  on the road to recovery!  Below is what he wrote!

I can finally talk about my journey over the last month. Super bowl Sunday changed my life forever while having friends over I suffered a widow maker heart attack. Thank God my friend Rob Cramer knew cpr he saved my life. I was flown to Robert Wood in New Brunswick where I was unconscious for 18 days. The love of my life Lorraine D'Aries Bruno never left my side the whole time I thank her for that.   

I had a team of the best cardiologist and they brought me back from the brink. I still have a long way to go I'm in rehab getting stronger everyday.

To All my friends don't ignore any signs something could be wrong like I did I fluffed off signs as indigestion a few weeks before 

Thank All of you for the prayers and support!!! I love everyone of you

This is awesome news!!

He's very lucky because they don't call it the widow maker for nothing, something like only a 10-12% survival rate if it occurs outside a medical facility.

My father in-law had this heart attack and like Big John brushed off the signs, but call it luck or divine intervention my wife who was an EMT and in Paramedic school at the time happened to be helping out at the family business that morning and saw the signs. She did a quick field assessment, called paramedics, and started treating him while waiting. Thought they were going to lose him in the ambulance a few times  and doctors said if she had waited another few minutes or so he most likely wouldn't have made it.