IGNORED

During the archery seasons, what is the best time to take your doe(s) in benefiting the overall deer herd?

tpr1921

5 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

The results he has speak fir them selves.  You said you can't controll the heard on such a Small piece and thus us proof you can have a big impact even on small pieces doing the right things

Still waiting to see what you have to back up your comments. :acclaim:

28 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Well, I heard a lot of bitching and complaining from him about his neighbors too.  20 acres is nothing. You can't manage that. A deer will cover 100's of acres in a typical day. 

I own over 50 acres so get your facts straight. 

You can manage that and if you ask my neighbors where all the deer went they will all tell you the same thing. 

www.liftxrentals.com

35 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

The results he has speak fir them selves.  You said you can't controll the heard on such a Small piece and thus us proof you can have a big impact even on small pieces doing the right things

100%. A small stand alone piece of property can have dynamite hunting. With no habitats improvements at all, simply managing intrusion will pay big dividends. Habitat improvements just enhance it further. If your slice of the pie is different then the rest, and offers less pressure that’s where animals will be spending their daylight hours. In particular when it comes to mature bucks. A well managed/hunted piece of ground sees the number of animals increase as the season rolls forward. 

Just now, Livesintrees said:

100%. A small stand alone piece of property can have dynamite hunting. With no habitats improvements at all, simply managing intrusion will pay big dividends. Habitat improvements just enhance it further. If your slice of the pie is different then the rest, and offers less pressure that’s where animals will be spending their daylight hours. In particular when it comes to mature bucks. A well managed/hunted piece of ground sees the number of animals increase as the season rolls forward. 

It took me a few years to figure it out but even on public land knowing how to enter and when to hunt a particular piece will pay off

6 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

It took me a few years to figure it out but even on public land knowing how to enter and when to hunt a particular piece will pay off

Some will hunt their whole lives without figuring out the basics. I had one day this year where I didn’t have an opportunity to shoot an animal. And that was on private ground. Every public land trip I made, I had animals in range. Just not what I’m looking for. And that’s a no bait, low deer number zone. 

5 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Some will hunt their whole lives without figuring out the basics. I had one day this year where I didn’t have an opportunity to shoot an animal. And that was on private ground. Every public land trip I made, I had animals in range. Just not what I’m looking for. And that’s a no bait, low deer number zone. 

I hunt all public this year I only hunted a hand full of days as I killed both bucks I was after in early regular bow and permit bow.  I killed my earn a buck opening day and took a big doe tonight with muzzleloader 

I'm soft and enjoy shooting and hunting early. I prefer nearly hairless deer with no fat, kinda like my women lol.

But really I'm doing good by shooting early less does means less travel and does to breed making the bucks life easier.

Honestly September October does shot aren't pregnant because they haven't made it to breeding season.

Tomato tomato 

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

22 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I hunt all public this year I only hunted a hand full of days as I killed both bucks I was after in early regular bow and permit bow.  I killed my earn a buck opening day and took a big doe tonight with muzzleloader 

My area has had EHD twice in 5 years. The responsible thing to do here is let does go. I have no problem doing it as I truly don’t care about filling a tag. 30 years hunting and I’ve taken well beyond my share of animals. Certainly this is a side conversation, but I feel as though just bc the state sets a bag limit, doesn’t mean that as individuals we can’t do what we feel is the best for conservation in general. Again just a side note (directed at nobody) as more and more, some act as though the world will stop spinning if they don’t fill a tag 

2 hours ago, archer36 said:

Well, I heard a lot of bitching and complaining from him about his neighbors too.  20 acres is nothing. You can't manage that. A deer will cover 100's of acres in a typical day. 

The 22-acre managed property is mine and it has become magical for me in the 7 years I have been working on it. And yes, you can have a major impact on the surrounding deer herd on property that small.

1366239293_11-point(G-2)Buck.jpg.027d71e6ae3c6e63267a51460d1ecf97.jpg

796159786_(1a)9-29-2021Big9pointer.jpg.1eef038961e73bc14d725d49bd2a0cdc.jpg