IGNORED

Colliers Mills - Leftovers

JD48

Took my Britt out today for a couple hours, she put one up (hen) in dog area, I wasn't ready, shot twice missed, then we went along power lines, didn't realize she was on point under one of the towers (me not paying attention) hen bird flushes I shoot twice miss again, all in all still a good day, top it off nice cock bird standing at the entrance as I left, always nice to see some birds made it through the war

11 minutes ago, JD48 said:

Took my Britt out today for a couple hours, she put one up (hen) in dog area, I wasn't ready, shot twice missed, then we went along power lines, didn't realize she was on point under one of the towers (me not paying attention) hen bird flushes I shoot twice miss again, all in all still a good day, top it off nice cock bird standing at the entrance as I left, always nice to see some birds made it through the war

That cockbird was very nervous. I couldn't snap a picture of him cause kept running away. Did see a bird killed in front field this morning and one miss. Around noon there were 3 guys that looked like they brought their own birds with crates laying next to truck. They shot one at woods line. Not sure how many they put out versus killed. 

2 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

That cockbird was very nervous. I couldn't snap a picture of him cause kept running away. Did see a bird killed in front field this morning and one miss. Around noon there were 3 guys that looked like they brought their own birds with crates laying next to truck. They shot one at woods line. Not sure how many they put out versus killed. 

Those 3 guys were there at 9:45 when I pulled in, lot of shooting, at least 2 crates of chukars

Edited by JD48

2 hours ago, JD48 said:

Alright you've been cut from the deer driving get together but your dog can come! :rofl:

Just one of those days...still nice to get out and watch the pup work! :up:

2 hours ago, archer36 said:

I owned three Brittany's in my days. Bird hunting is never as enjoyable as then. 

This is my 3rd Brittany also, 1st female, easy to handle, my males would spend half hour leaving their mark before ready to hunt, she gets out of the truck does her initial pee and gets down to business

3 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Alright you've been cut from the deer driving get together but your dog can come! :rofl:

Just one of those days...still nice to get out and watch the pup work! :up:

May have to talk to Dan about borrowing his wife's glasses, can I get in on the Old Bridge/Marlboro deer drive as a non- shooting driver?

On 1/7/2023 at 2:09 PM, JD48 said:

I went to Colliers with my GSP today looking for those hen birds you missed.🙂 Hunted the dog training area, the power lines and surrounding woods. Found nothing. Place was empty. Two people doing dog training in the front field and one hunter with a dog as I was leaving. Nice day for some exercise regardless.

2 hours ago, OldPiney Woods said:

I went to Colliers with my GSP today looking for those hen birds you missed.🙂 Hunted the dog training area, the power lines and surrounding woods. Found nothing. Place was empty. Two people doing dog training in the front field and one hunter with a dog as I was leaving. Nice day for some exercise regardless.

Always nice to almost have the place to yourself, both birds ended up across the power lines in the woods