IGNORED

Pheasant and Quail stamp, just a thought

JD48

Rockport got too expensive cuz of paying salaries and benefits for the state employees raising them….the price of the stamp has stayed the same….so it seems like we should be getting more birds or at least a late season if the division is saving money on not paying salaries and benefit packages anymore. 

btw….I wud pay for separate stamps …if it went for more birds or late seasons…& I don’t even quail hunt much. $80 for more opportunities is a no brainer 

Edited by Bonefreak

57 minutes ago, Recurve hntr said:

I can tell this. When me and my wife owned a bait and tackle shop , we sold licenses also. Every year guys would come in and complain how the price of pheasant and quail stamps are expensive and go up every year. Tried explaining they haven’t went up in years. They’ve been the same price as long as I can remember. Started hunting at 10  and I’m 49 now. Always been the same price. I agree with your idea but people will complain. 

As far as I can remember pheasant stamps were always $20.00 then they went up to $40.00 at around 2002 and have not increased ever since.

pie in the sky. if they cared, they'd take some initiative from the surveys they send out periodically over the last decade. falls on a bunch of deaf ears. only thing that changed last couple years was more money was allocated for more birds. but more birds does not equate to more satisfied hunts which in reality I think many are asking for. most are content with the stocking regime and allocation numbers, but don't want to walk up on a crap load of dead birds at dawn. thats an easy fix. stock at 4am, not 10pm the night before. give the hunters a freakin chance to pursue what they're spending their money on.

9 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

As far as I can remember pheasant stamps were always $20.00 then they went up to $40.00 at around 2002 and have not increased ever since.

As I stated earlier, at one time there was no stamp, then the $5.00 stamp came into play, I'll have to dig out the old stamps, but I believe the next increase went to $15.00

I was curious about the pheasant stamp pricing so I went back and looked at some old stamps

1984 stamp was $15

1985 and 1986 was $16.50

1987 stamp didn’t show a price

1988 was $20 until 1993

1994 was $22

Starting in 1997 they stopped putting the price on the stamps

2004 last stamp?  After that went to green paper

I joined a semi wild club for a few years after that not sure when it went to $40

4 minutes ago, Citori said:

I was curious about the pheasant stamp pricing so I went back and looked at some old stamps

1984 stamp was $15

1985 and 1986 was $16.50

1987 stamp didn’t show a price

1988 was $20 until 1993

1994 was $22

Starting in 1997 they stopped putting the price on the stamps

2004 last stamp?  After that went to green paper

I joined a semi wild club for a few years after that not sure when it went to $40

Great info, thanks

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

Rockport got too expensive cuz of paying salaries and benefits for the state employees raising them….the price of the stamp has stayed the same….so it seems like we should be getting more birds or at least a late season if the division is saving money on not paying salaries and benefit packages anymore. 

btw….I wud pay for separate stamps …if it went for more birds or late seasons…& I don’t even quail hunt much. $80 for more opportunities is a no brainer 

No the main reason fir closing Rockport was tge fda regulation that would require tge covered runs because of avian flu n decontamination facilities needed fir vehicles etc

2 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

No the main reason fir closing Rockport was tge fda regulation that would require tge covered runs because of avian flu n decontamination facilities needed fir vehicles etc

Oh yeah. Federal regs for hatchery improvements due to avian flu was an issue…but cost analysis of paying employees was a big part of it too.