IGNORED

Questions about heated vests for deer hunting.

bushden

10 hours ago, bushden said:

Thanks all for the advice and info. I will do the research tomorrow and let all know what I go with. I am really looking to cut down on the bulk and dont normally hunt below freezing temps.

Don’t rush on just a few reply’s .

def an item worth researching 

I bought one recommended to me , wasn’t cheap and it’s a piece of crap .

warming sections work great , but horrible zippers that aren’t going yo last long at all .

‘great difference in prices with expense  not alway being a better product .

I recently saw there are some that are polar fleece which would be much quieter  for hunting and have the normal warmth of fleece when not turned on .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

10 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Follow basic rules. Wool layers etc. it’s NJ. Most of our hunting is am or pm sits for a few hrs. 

The basic cold weather gear doesn’t work for a lot of us older guys that worked their whole lives outdoors and have battled with frost bite in the past. 

16 hours ago, bushden said:

Thanks all for the advice and info. I will do the research tomorrow and let all know what I go with. I am really looking to cut down on the bulk and dont normally hunt below freezing temps.

I don't break out the heated vest until it's down in the low 20s.  Thermals and a layer or two under a jacket when it's around freezing.  Probably could just where the heated vest under a sweatshirt and a fleece shirt when it's in the 30s

I got the heated vest last yr.   It works and I can feel heat.  I have a second battery. I don’t like the zipper ( don’t recall brand ). Mine is a push button on off located on the  left chest.  Get the one u can work with a remote or better. Ur phone.  I also would like a fleece vest.  Mine is the puffer nylon 

Side note. I got a paid of heated boot liners by thermo cell that work via remote.  I sent them back.  My daugher wasn’t happy.  She got me them an early Xmas gift to wear to ny but I didn’t feel any heat from them. So I sent back. She got me a box of the disposable toe warmed from Costco last week. I think it’s 30 pairs for $12.  The liners were about 90.