IGNORED

EDIT: Injured Buck Bergen County

birdshotnj

Had this deer on my property this morning with what im almost certain is EHD. I've never seen a deer with it around here before. If you look closely, his jaw is hanging off and tongue is abnormally large and hanging.

Edit: definitely not EHD hes moving around just fine, looks to be from fighting another buck.

IMG-c154c1258c8b01b5277edf61f23100a5-V.jpg

IMG-da92e5fa948a44fc8c846b1e4bba3b13-V.jpg

Edited by birdshotnj

46 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Midgens that pass ehd are gone by now.  Doesn't effect their coat.  Deer get high fever and head for water.  Looks like he went for a swim and got a poor blow dry by the wind

Look at his face closer on the first pic, his jaw is hanging off and tongue is swollen and hanging 

• birdshotnj changed the title to Possible EHD or CWD Bergen County?
2 hours ago, birdshotnj said:

Look at his face closer on the first pic, his jaw is hanging off and tongue is swollen and hanging 

Looks like a hole just behind where it's hanging, that went through and broke the lower jaw bones.  Bullet or arrow to the jaw possibly.  Head shots seem to be the talk about town lately.  Malnutrition from not eating and maybe mange

Edited by Greybeard

• birdshotnj changed the title to EDIT: Injured Buck Bergen County

You guys were right. Found the deer on surveillance cams in my front yard from this morning, hes moving around just like normal. I'm thinking definitely a fight because of all the wounds on his side, looks like scabbed up dried blood and a bunch of puncture marks. He's trying to feed but he's  confused as to why he can't. Sucks to see them this way.

1 hour ago, birdshotnj said:

You guys were right. Found the deer on surveillance cams in my front yard from this morning, hes moving around just like normal. I'm thinking definitely a fight because of all the wounds on his side, looks like scabbed up dried blood and a bunch of puncture marks. He's trying to feed but he's  confused as to why he can't. Sucks to see them this way.

Any chance for a mercy kill? 
Maybe contact F&W with pics and ask if they’ll issue you another tag if you kill this deer. 
don’t remember ever hearing that they would do that but might be worth asking. 

Edited by Pathman

It's a deer that appears to be alive, last time I gave my opinion I was questioned on what I do for a living lol.

So I'm just seeing a deer 

However EHD is gone by now plus the lack of rain this summer really helped to keep it away 

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

58 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Any chance for a mercy kill? 
Maybe contact F&W with pics and ask if they’ll issue you another tag if you kill this deer. 
don’t remember ever hearing that they would do that but might be worth asking. 

It's not legal to hunt where I live, otherwise I wouldn't even ask for a mercy tag, I'd just use mine on him. It bothers me to see them suffering